Doctor Who watchers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Who watchers?

When Battlestar Galactica finished the season, Sci Fi started with their new rendition of Doctor Who.

Fantastic!

I rather like the attitude. People-centric, The Doctor masters all knowledge, logic, and technology only to pass through them all and apply them where they matter most, the people that make history. I try my best to absorb their manners.
    -- Shroom
    I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Re: Doctor Who watchers?

It shows potential, but I just can't get really into the show.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I used to watch Doctor Who when I was really little. Most of the shows were from the Tom Baker era. I started watching the new series to see what it was like and it's somewhat interesting. But I still like the old episodes better.

The new Doctor hasn't asked a single person if they want a jelly baby yet.
      The new TARDIS seems to have gone retro and doesn't look as advanced as the old TARDIS.
      I miss K-9.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

The BBC appear to have brought the show back to kill it. First we had the cocky northerner that made people want to punch his face in. Now we have some other talentless hack. They're both friends of the guy who writes most of the abysmal scripts, and they both fail to bring anything alien to the character.

The scriptwriters have run out of imagination - every new episode has taken place on earth. What the hell happened to the rest of the universe? Anything post-Sylvester McCoy is just rubbish.

Apophis - jelly babies were only a Tom Baker thing, and he gave K9 away before his next regeneration.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
          Apophis - jelly babies were only a Tom Baker thing, and he gave K9 away before his next regeneration.
          I liked Tom Baker. And short of that crazy amazon lady (forget what her name was), K9 was the best sidekick Doctor Who had.

My favorite episode of the past was the one with the big hole in the earth and the glowing antimatter crystals in those neat silver containers. I don't remember name of that series of episodes, but it was good!

Well. At least by 1970's standards.

Comment

List of Doctors and their sidekicks:

http://www.pubquizhelp.34sp.com/ent/doctorwho.html

Apophis, I think the Amazon you're thinking of was Leela.

My personal favorite was Romana, another Timelord, who herself regenerated to explain a change of actor. I'm not sure which one I prefer. (I like smart babes and they both qualify.)
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
              List of Doctors and their sidekicks:

http://www.pubquizhelp.34sp.com/ent/doctorwho.html

Apophis, I think the Amazon you're thinking of was Leela.

My personal favorite was Romana, another Timelord, who herself regenerated to explain a change of actor. I'm not sure which one I prefer. (I like smart babes and they both qualify.)
              Yup. It was Leela! I was thinking that when I posted but said to myself "No, Leela is from Futurama, not Doctor Who".

Comment

The old stuff was definitely hardcore. They must have had all of 5 budget per episode, and they did wonders with it.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Just as I prefer game play over video card eye candy, I prefer a good story to fancy special effects. Doctor Who was good for that.
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X