X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS-Noise - it adds radiolike Mic-Clicks and Background noise

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/falcon-...lose-real.html

2nd post down.

Sounds like this could be good for all :)
    Jex.

Re: TS-Noise - it adds radiolike Mic-Clicks and Background noise

Any chance of a TS recording to demo it? I like the idea but in BF2 we dont really use TS in game, its mainly to coordinate set up and mess about taking the mick between rounds. It might not be so applicable though it does sound like it would add to the realism in games which do use it. Im also assuming that this would have to be applied to all of the TS channels and some games like say WOW might find it actually negatively affects their "realism"(i use that term loosely:D).

Worth further poking with a stick though.

Comment

It would allow the "click click" response for Americas Army which used TS.

Comment

And in GRAW.

Comment

GRAW doesn't have VOIP?

Comment

Originally posted by 0b1one
            GRAW doesn't have VOIP?
            Nope. :icon11:
            Beatnik

Comment

Well I guess we will have to try it out.

Teamspeak Noise

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I've always been in favor of having people reproduce these noises with their mouths. It's funnier like that.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyTwoHand
                  Any chance of a TS recording to demo it? I like the idea but in BF2 we dont really use TS in game, its mainly to coordinate set up and mess about taking the mick between rounds. It might not be so applicable though it does sound like it would add to the realism in games which do use it. Im also assuming that this would have to be applied to all of the TS channels and some games like say WOW might find it actually negatively affects their "realism"(i use that term loosely:D).

Worth further poking with a stick though.
                  Oops of course.. I forgot about the ingame voip :)
                  Jex.

Comment

I tried it yesterday and it's alright. I'm not too keen on using the background noise. It seems out of place and doesn't blend nicely. Maybe another sound clip would work better for background noise. The mic clicks were cool but didn't always match up to the end of a transmission. If someone started talking then another cut in, the first speaker wouldn't get the click since the transmissions overlapped. It definitely has use to hear when a person has finished transmitting.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Another way to get background noise is to use speakers and have your mic close to them. That way, when you transmit over voice comm, everyone can hear the gunfight going on around you. It's much more realistic, but the problem is if you're close to someone they hear both the gunfight and your transmission of the gunfight, which is like .1 seconds behind.

Eventually games will get to the point where they will be able to apply fancy filters to your voice and stuff like that so it echoes and everything (I think a few games have tried this, actually) but until then it's going to be very tough to emulate real life with a 3rd party voice program.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X