Auto Assault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Assault

I recently bought this and was wondering if anyone else played this at Tactical Gamer. I was pleasantly suprised to find a very fun, light weight, MMO game. It doesn't really fall in the normal category of a MMORPG like World of Warcraft or EVE online.

This is the first MMO that has come through on its promise that you can play for 5 minutes and still accomplish something in game. You don't really need a group if you don't want to.
    Controls are simple, a WASD configuration controls your movement. The mouse and the number keys control abilities and guns. There is no death penalty and you can log in and out at will. It also doesn't take 3-5 months to get to the level cap.

Combat is fast-paced and very chaotic. Everything in the enviroment is destructible with the exception of mountains and very large skyscrapers. In fact to repair broken equipment you find out in the wastelands, you have to destroy things to find raw materials to fix equipment with.

The general feel for the game is well crafted as well. Seeing the ruined highways and the shanty towns of scavangers brings back memories of movies like Mad Max. The 3 factions are also well-fleshed out from the cyborg Biomeks to the Human survivors and the Mutants that survived the Contamination.

The game does need its fair share of work however. Things are being fixed, tweaked and added all the time, just like any other MMO released today. To get a better idea of what the game looks like go ahead and wing over to http://www.autoassault.com/index.html to take a look at some of the screenshots and such.

If anyone would like to share their experiences with the game or ask questions, feel free to reply.

99. A smiley face is not used to mark a minefield.
    100. Claymore mines are not filled with yummy candy, and it is wrong to tell new soldiers that they are.
    101. I am not allowed to mount a bayonet on a crew-served weapon.

Re: Auto Assault

10GB free hard disk space
    Jeez, alot of harddrive space, Game looks interesting though.

Comment

There's a 14 day free trial, I was thinking of trying it out when I had some free time. Is there anything I should know first?

Comment

ah, didn't see the 14 day free trial, I may give it a spin then, credit card needed?

Comment

I may give the trial a shot just to see what it offers. I love EVE to much to right now to leave and play another MMO though.

Comment

Its very easy to pick up and learn. I actually have a 14-day trial code that came with the game. No credit card needed. If you're interested PM me for the code.

100. Claymore mines are not filled with yummy candy, and it is wrong to tell new soldiers that they are.

Comment

I have auto assault. I just got to lvl 16. Its pretty destructice which makes it fun. Visuals is like any other NCsoft MMO. Hey spartan my xfire name is Clarko. PM when your playing maybe ill join in if were on the same servers and if i have time away from work.

Comment

Hmm, I started, but how do you get out of your car, or where do you get to be on foot at?

Comment

I've got a level 10 Biomek on Carnage.

You can only be on foot inside a city to go shopping. Most of the game is played out in your vehicle.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

And I spent all that time messing around with my character and like 2seconds coloring my car.

Comment

Would you say it's MMOlite like CoV/CoH? That game seemed like a fun lite MMO for a month and then I couldn't stand it any more.

Comment

Pretty much, I play it when EVE online isn't happening. Its still fun though.

Comment

I got to lv3 or so, then it got boring, didn't even make it into my 3rd day of my trial..

Comment

*shrugs* I have a 24 'umie engineer and a 21 mutant avenger on breakdown

Comment

One thing I noticed is the game is not popular, all the servers showed very low population on the couple days I was playing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X