Heaven's Above

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaven's Above

Saw an article about this group in Wired a few months ago. Just remember it and started looking at the website (http://www.heavens-above.com). Thought others might enjoy it.

Very interesting, you basically select your country and city and it gives you dates and times to observe different classified and unclassified satellites, etc. Apparently some of the LaCrosse satellites are visible with the naked eye. I'll have to give it a try this week.

EDIT: Link syntax corrected, thanks Wyzcrak!
    Last edited by DigitalAssassin; 05-16-2006, 03:32 PM.

Re: Heaven's Above

Working link: http://www.heavens-above.com/ (leaves out the closing paren)

My father and I have enjoyed this site for .. what seems like years.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Oh, and...

This site does not correct for our bi-annual hour shifts in time (DST/etc), so make sure to keep your profile accurate as you move through the year.

It sucks to get really excited about the ISS passing over your house for a solid five minutes, only to learn that it passed over exactly one hour before you walked outside.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ill have to check it out then, thanks.

Comment

http://www.spaceweather.com/ - I'm sure any sky watchers are aware of that site, but worth a mention anyways. I'm on their mailing list and get an email or two a month about interesting things that I may or may not be able to see in the sky.. auroras, comets, eclipses, etc. Of course, I never remember to go look for things that I may be able to see, but I still find it neat to know to about em.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed