A big thanks to everyone here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big thanks to everyone here!

Well as the month of May draws to a close it strikes me that I have now been around here for a year now, and wow what a year it has been. I started off like most other people here, randomly bumping into TG through many of it's public servers only to find how great the people here were. Joined for the game, stayed for the community.

It can sometimes be difficult relaying to real life friends the importance of places such as this. I have been involved in many net communities for the last 5+ years, but the best ones, the ones that I stayed at, are always the ones that are more than about the game or the focus of the website, they are the ones about the people. There are not many placed where you would you have guys posting a happy birthday to pretty much every member, or to the huge number of congratulations to everyone who just found out that they were going to be a dad.

And that's what TG is about for me, it's about the people who make up this great community, that has given me so much satisfaction. You add those people into a gaming environment and you have a recipe for success. I couldn't begin to name names cos there are just so many people here that in their own unique way have made this special, right from the admin teams who spend so much of their free time helpig others to enjoy their games more, right down to some of the fun banter that I have had in game. So I'd like to take this opportunity to say a huge thankyou to everyone here. You make this place what it is.

Re: A big thanks to everyone here!

*Applause*

I am approaching a year here too (and my 1,000th post). It doesn't feel like all that long ago that I joined. It was back in the old days when Tactical Gamer was blue and white. You are correct, it is the people that make this place what it is.

Comment

TG became my online home away from home after I grew frustrated with the clan scene. I'd lurked the forums here, admired the mod development for Ghost Recon, but had been neither a participant, nor a member. When my old group proved far more childish than their claims of maturity could support, I discovered how amazing a place like TG really is... for it's committment to the ideals it is founded on.

In my time here I've been honored to be invited into the 42nd Recon... a squad which I will always hold as the highwater mark in my experience in teamwork (online and off, which really says something about the people here). And though I hold the 42nd in such high esteem, it is not to single out this small percentage of people as uniquely better. Every in-house squad is just a microcosm of TG itself, and TG is made up of far more than just in-house squad members. The squads aren't what make TG... it's the whole community of people coming together for interaction and connection that persists beyond just the practice of fragging with and against each other.

Thanks for starting this thread Wulfyn. And thank you all, TG.

Noogies for everyone!

Comment

Every single thread i read in any forum at TG i see one thing, genuine players/friends/family, Everyone is wanting to help out the next and returns those favors or helping hands to the next person down the line. You go and look in another forum and they lack that very ascpect, you post a help thread and you get flamed and no help is ever given. You need help here, you will get it before the days over.

The servers are run, well you know, like none other. The admins are always on and fair. You need help in a server you just ask and you get more help then you need.

Great post wulfyn, i respect everyone here and love playing with all.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I too, am fast approaching my 1-year anniversary with TG. In eight short days I will be schmoozing with TG over a vintage bottle of cabernet sauvignon and a candle-lit dinner :)

In all seriousness, everything that is posted above, I second. It is amazing to find such a large diverse group of folks that can be so enjoyable. It's great to be a part of it all and here's to years of continued community success down the road.

Comment

I started with the release of BF2. Came for the low ping times. Got booted for not joining a squad. Got kind of curious so I visited and stayed.

I have never been a member of any "Online community". Heck, never been a member of a real life community really. But then again I never been in place that had such a divergent ideas, political stances and social mores that, for the most part, got along.

Just read the threads in any of these forums then select any other forum at random covering any topic. Those others are:
            1 Incoherent and lack any respect for the written language.
            2 Fear and actively suppress any type of controversy and or genuine discussion.
            3 Belittle those not in their click.
            4 Simply boring.

So I too thank everybody here. (except for you sorry conservative blankity blank blank and you wimpy liberal blankity blank blanks)
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

My year is coming up I think. Now I forget when I joined, time flies when you are having fun!

Edit: I guess I am overdue ;).

Comment

It really is incredible the diversity of people here. We have military, ex-military, police, swat, IT techs, mechanics, students, engineers and a criminal pschologist a while back. It's just incredible how all these people of different ages can come together.

Comment

One year and still loving it. Despite [CONTENT CENSORED].

:D
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Just read the threads in any of these forums then select any other forum at random covering any topic. Those others are:
                    1 Incoherent and lack any respect for the written language.
                    2 Fear and actively suppress any type of controversy and or genuine discussion.
                    3 Belittle those not in their click.
                    4 Simply boring.
                    El Gringo Grande have you been reading Troopers posts in the sandbox again? He He just kidding Trooper :D
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm just here to boost my frag count.

How do I get a better gun?
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        I'm just here to boost my frag count.

How do I get a better gun?
                        Send Apophis multiple PMs to get his attention.

Yeegads, have I been here for ~four years? (the join date is from when the forums moved over.)
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

But dint you just retired all your big guns
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                            Yeegads, have I been here for ~four years?
                            Heh...

I was trying to remember when I joined, and all I know is that I remember when the site looked like this. I know I was here before September 11th, because I remember talking about it here. I joined in the spring of 2001 sometime, I suppose...

Yikes.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm one of the new guys.
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X