MySpace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySpace

OK, so I just started a page there (finally), and it seems like it's just one big internet dating site. Maybe my real life friends are simply slutty? I dunno...

So, who here has a MySpace page?

(Thought we had a thread like this before, but I can't find it...)
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: MySpace

I have one, but I had to make account to look at other peoples stuff, don't really use it all to much.

Comment

I personally don't want to put in the time to make one, mostly because i'm not sure of something. Is the code mostly c&p'd by people and then they fill in the missing pieces, or do people really make them from scratch???
      The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
      #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
      83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

For all intents and purposes, MySpace IS a dating site. In my 2 months there, I have only met women.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

and tom is not my friend.

Comment

For adults its probably a dating site, for kids its just a way of keeping in touch with friends and meeting new people at your school. Personally, i dont have one, other than to view other people's myspaces. Just a big waste of time to make one, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
              For all intents and purposes, MySpace IS a dating site. In my 2 months there, I have only met women.
              Is that a complaint, or a glowing testimonial? :D
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Don't have one and don't need one due to my own website.

[mandatory rant warning tag]
                MySpace is just a bloated site full of idiots running around with there heads chopped off and people who consider 1337 HTML coding to be to make a very annoying page. A few of my friends have a MySpace and use it a lot. From what I can tell most people who have a MySpace account become addicted to it needing to use proxies at school to access it and post complete crap. Then there is the fact that many people don't understand that posting information like your phone number and address can help pedophiles track you down and stalk you. The music is annoying as well because most web pages that I want to go to I want to listen to my own music and not some crap that others think is good tunes. The only times I go onto MySpace is to look at friends and see if they are posting anything about me, and then I use a bugmenot account that someone has created.
                [/rant]

I can see some of the benefits to MySpace, but there are more problems than good reasons to use it.
                -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

I use it to keep in touch with my school friends. I'm not an addict and neither are any of my friends we just use it as a way to communicate and organize stuff. But then again there are other ppl that i know who are just plain obsessed and it's annoying as hell.

---

Comment

Myspace should be for adults, facebook is running crazy on college and highschools now. At work i dont know how many times a day i see student workers effing with facebook instead of doing jobs, so gay
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by KillerTarget
                      Don't have one and don't need one due to my own website.

[mandatory rant warning tag]
                      MySpace is just a bloated site full of idiots running around with there heads chopped off and people who consider 1337 HTML coding to be to make a very annoying page. A few of my friends have a MySpace and use it a lot. From what I can tell most people who have a MySpace account become addicted to it needing to use proxies at school to access it and post complete crap. Then there is the fact that many people don't understand that posting information like your phone number and address can help pedophiles track you down and stalk you. The music is annoying as well because most web pages that I want to go to I want to listen to my own music and not some crap that others think is good tunes. The only times I go onto MySpace is to look at friends and see if they are posting anything about me, and then I use a bugmenot account that someone has created.
                      [/rant]

I can see some of the benefits to MySpace, but there are more problems than good reasons to use it.
                      I don't see how that's any different from the Internet as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                        I don't see how that's any different from the Internet as a whole.
                        Not only does it give every person their own idiot space to muck around in and call their own, it also links you to everyone else's idiot space. It's easy, free, and accessible. Think of it as a subnet of the Internet that is streamlined to the point that anyone can use it. May sound noble and beneficial at first, but then you have to factor in that 12 year old girls are able to post semi-nude pictures of themselves with no help at all. Morals go bye-bye on Myspace.

Like the Internet, Myspace can still be used for amazingly good and civil purposes (communication networking ala Tactical Gamer). However, Myspace also seems to show us more of our true natures/desires as humans than anything else we've ever had...except maybe the Vietnam War...

I abhor Myspace because while the Internet proliferated anonymous reckless behavior, Myspace worsened the situation by proliferating non-anonymous recklessness. The tens of thousands of people that can now be incriminated by someone simply looking through their Myspace is beyond belief. People already had misconceptions of anonymity on the Internet, this has led them to assume they are somehow protected on Myspace. Wrong. I'm in favor of a serious crackdown on Myspace by law enforcement, course that would be very difficult, but something has to be done to stop people from thinking they can do whatever they want like this! Freedom of expression is great, but there are things called laws that need to be enforced!

Of course, I do have one. Peer pressure for the lose.
                        /rant
                        -Zephyr
                        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                        We are not a single game.
                        We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                        We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

The Internet is basically one big idiot space to muck around in. It's easy to forget when you hang out at TG or something, but plenty of forums are filled with "lol hi y do u tink dat?!/~~" sort of posts. I don't see how MySpace is seperate from the Internet as a whole; people act the same as far as I can tell. MySpace links to itself and stuff like that, but that's how the whole Internet works. I don't think the things that MySpace represents are something that are specific to MySpace or anything; it's just endemic of the entire, uh, thing. It makes it easier, but no easier than a million other sites. By virtue of its popularity it's a good example, but it's not something special.

Comment

Myspace is the source of all evil.

Comment

I've got an account that I didn't make myself. i was too lazy to do so, so I had my friend make it. After browsing through and getting "new comments" or "new messages" from my space in my regular email, I thought to myself, what a waste of time. Why send me an email, about getting a message or comment that would normally say the same thing? Yeah you meet people or get in touch from old "friends" but if that were the case, why would you lose touch w/your friends anyways? At any rate, it's a place about blah blah blah, and pretty much useless, except to keep in touch with "friends" and try and make as many "friends" as possible. Sounds kinda like a pubbie w/kill to death ratio lol.
                              |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                              [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...