MySpace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MySpace

haha, no kidding. Seriously I don't get that, Why send me a message about getting a message from a stranger wanting to send a message and be my friend.

I want to order this > http://www.jinx.com/scripts/details....&productID=636
    to make it official.

Comment

Originally posted by IRS_Agent
      I personally don't want to put in the time to make one, mostly because i'm not sure of something. Is the code mostly c&p'd by people and then they fill in the missing pieces, or do people really make them from scratch???
      Most people copy and past layouts, but you could do one from scratch.

I've found an old Marine buddy and an ex-girlfriend has found me. It's interesting.

www.myspace.com/datruedave if anyone's interested.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

http://www.myspace.com/morethanben

Comment

Personally I don't think the website is in it of itself evil. It's not like it's very hard to spread sensitive information about yourself over the internet to begin with.
          Using myself as an example, I belong to MySpace, Facebook, LastFM, DeviantArt, Del.icio.us, TG, TC, GooglePages, Angelfire, AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, XFire, plus 10 or 12 other local and social networking sites and services. You could, (if you tried) find all my email addresses, favorite websites/quotes/bands/movies, interests, schools, birthday, state, city, maybe even my zip code, but I'm absolutely confident no one could ever find my home phone number or my address, and that's safe enough for me.

In reference to the 12 to 17 to collegeage old girls and boys that are posting stuff they really sholdn't be- I think it's the parent's responsibility to instill good enough judgement in their children not to do things like that, and (if they have any doubts about their children's internet travels) to look into what thier child has posted and what they've been up to.

Any thoughts?

Yours abiguously,
          ~Renagade
          Last edited by Renagade; 05-27-2006, 07:27 PM.
          AUHGHGHGABLABLAUGHGHAHAHAHAHA

?

Comment

An anonymous reader writes "Two New York teens have been arrested after trying to extort $150,000 from the makers of MySpace, the popular online community site." From the article: " MySpace discovered the intrusion earlier this year and blocked it. The Los Angeles-based company also reported the incident to authorities. During the course of the investigation, threats were made that unless $150,000 was paid, new exploit code would be released, according to the statement. By this time, the sting operation had been set up, so instead of meeting with MySpace late last week, the pair from New York met with undercover officers from the U.S. Secret Service and the Los Angeles District Attorney's Bureau of Investigation. "

anyone see that....source slashdot.com
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

My Profile

I find it great for keeping in touch with my friends and family back in California, I met my last girlfriend on there, but thats a whole different story i dare not to get into.

I'll stick up for Myspace on the fact that its a great tool to keep in touch with others, but, i hate it for the same fact. People advertise too much, the bulletin thing is over-runned with spam, and now they have generators for people to annoy the he|| out of you.
              Oyee

Comment

Cing compared to many of the other pages that friends have and others that I have been given by friends over IM, your is very clean and tidy. It isn't to full of spam from friends or others who have crawled over you page.

As a way of keeping track of friends and family who live in another town/county(township)/state/country/world away, MySpace is a good site for that. The biggest thing that I have a problem with is that they have put to much advertising (Adblock takes care of that) on it that is to annoying and that with its popularity the servers don't seem to be able to handle the load, it also could be due to the backend coding that is done in coldfusion (they are switching over to .Net I believe).

My philosophy with a website is either to keep the ads as minimal as possibly (google ads) and that they flow with the site and the color scheme, or to keep the site ad free. While having no ads may force you to pay more out of pocket (a lot if your site is really popular) but it will also provide the end user a better experience due to the fact that they don't have to wait on the ad providers server to load up the ads, and finally with this aproach you can ask for your users for donations to keep the ads off the site, or if you do have to put ads on it can be minimal ads, and the users will more likely donate if they truly like the content of the site.
                -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Originally posted by KillerTarget
                  Cing compared to many of the other pages that friends have and others that I have been given by friends over IM, your is very clean and tidy.
                  Thank you, that's quite intentional. I can't believe how "noisy" some people's MySpace pages are...

And I figured out why MySpace appeals to me: Years ago, I was intrigued by a community called SixDegrees.com that was based on the six degrees of seperation concept. The website never really caught on like I hoped...

Already on MySpace, I've found that a guy I knew in the Marines who is friends with a bartender in the Southern part of the US, who is friends with a smoking hot model, who is friends with a DJ in San Diego, who is friends with a guy I went to high school with...

VERY interesting to see so clearly just how small of a world it really is...
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

any one read about the girl from michigan who flew to isreal to meet a man she met on myspace. Told her family she was going to cananda
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Has anyone ever heard of a phone? Thats how i keep in touch with my friends. well, that, and yahoo messenger.

I hardly even email anymore. Phone and messenger are the fastest, most efficient, ways to communicate so thats what I use.

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE
                        Has anyone ever heard of a phone? Thats how i keep in touch with my friends. well, that, and yahoo messenger.

I hardly even email anymore. Phone and messenger are the fastest, most efficient, ways to communicate so thats what I use.
                        I don't know why, but I despise talking on the phone. I do it for work because I have to, but other than that, you'll rarely see me touch a phone.
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          I don't know why, but I despise talking on the phone. I do it for work because I have to, but other than that, you'll rarely see me touch a phone.

I'm the same way, I'd rather type a message than talk on the phone. Unless its ordering pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by undead77
                            Unless its ordering pizza.
                            I even do that online because I know that what I order gets printed out on their little labels, so any mistakes in the actual order are mine and mine only.
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I don't use my phone to make phone calls with - SMS is easier, cheaper and more convenient IMO.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                              |TG-2nd|munchkin
                              Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
                                I don't use my phone to make phone calls with - SMS is easier, cheaper and more convenient IMO.
                                SMS is a freak phenomena. I had the pleasure on working on some of the SMS code when I first started doing cellular work, and I was completely baffled by the thought that someone could get something useful out of limited text entered via a keypad. Before I got the words out, people were telling me about how North America was the only place where SMS wasn't catching on. SMS pays for the freaking networks in Europe.

It makes no sense to me. I work on all kinds of stuff I would never pay for. :)
                                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X