TG Promotional Movie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Promotional Movie?

I see lots of movies flying around made by members, some downright hilarious, some showcasing inhouse squads, and other random ones.

I say we compile our efforts and make a community wide TG movie that showcases all that TG has to offer. Clips from BF2 squads, Falcon 4 dogfights, CoD2 battles, WoW raids, GRAW and Ghost Recon manouvers, and more. This would surely bring in new members and could be the "trailer" of our great community.

Re: TG Promotional Movie?

Oh hey.

Neat idea.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I like the sound of it. We could have each community game make/submit their own video, and then we could clip it together into one video (provided we all have an idea of what the final movie would look like).
      The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
      #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
      83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Well, should we opt for a longer, more indepth view or a short one, or some of both with 2 diffrent files?

Comment

Yeah good idea. Some people from each game could put together a few seconds of stuff and then we merge it all together.

I have seen one or two other cases where communities do something similar. It's a pretty good marketing tool from the looks of things. Even fairly mediocre movies generated a decent amount of interest.

Comment

I think this should be done. I'll help in any way possible.
            -Zephyr
            You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
            We are not a single game.
            We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
            We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Im game...i can edit and caputre
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Great, great idea. I was thinking about this earlier this week.

We would want to show off the different aspects of TG from other servers. Ideas:
                • I don't play BF2, but take a small clip of a whole squad working together with commander in a heated battle... show lots of teamwork
                • CS:S games with squads over teamspeak working together.
                • Natural Selection games with a really tense clip from a epic game :P.

I'd imagine the video to have some background music through the whole thing that will either change songs to fit each games "mood" or at least the mood of the current scene. Maybe a little subtitle come up all neat looking from the bottom of the screen when a new game is being shown.

Ie... natural selection comes up from the bottom of the screen when there's 3 marines slowly hunting down a skulk while the comm is talking them through the hall.

Basically show off what makes this community what it is and what you wouldn't see much (or at all) by playing it normally on other servers.

I will make a post about it in the NS forums to get some more info about what kind of footage etc. I don't have any recording stuff for NS, but I'm sure we could find a really great clip to use and record from that. Although I will wait until we figure out what format we want to use, and the general flow of the video. Lets get all that worked out here.

I like the sound of it. We could have each community game make/submit their own video, and then we could clip it together into one video (provided we all have an idea of what the final movie would look like).
                Agreed, this would be the most organized way. Maybe by a post in each forum about this and make it a sticky?

The problems we need to solve now is who is good at editing video and doing this sort of thing? I have no experience with it.

edit:

This would also be a good idea for the rest of the TG community to possibly get into other games we host here.
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper
                  The problems we need to solve now is who is good at editing video and doing this sort of thing?
                  That is a question that I can answer: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...feel-fear.html
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

And points of view from the commander, and mabey even screenshots from the tg7th webpage that we used for scrim tactics.

Comment

Yep, have a word with Doodie. He might be willing to chip in again although after the hell we put him through with "feel the fear" you never know. :D

Theres a thread kicking around the 12th forum on exactly this sort of thing so gald there is more community interest too. Magnum might well have some good stuff already, his GRAW vid had some good teamwork over VOIP showcased so a few clips like that from different games would help out immensely.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll see Doodie and Mangum about their work.

Comment

Great idea BD5 - I'll try and round up some support from the PCS community for this.
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Magnum's site www.magnumland.com has lots of TG videos on AA, GR, GRAW and some others in there. The PCS community could provide some movies or links from past movies, and I will contact Doodie and see what he can do. I will still need more tactical play videos on BF2 and EVE.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
                              I will still need more tactical play videos on BF2 and EVE.
                              And NS, and Dys, and Falcon, and WoW, and CivIV, and COD2, and OFP, and D&DOnline, and, whew... Have you looked at our game list?

I'm thinking if every game makes a ten second clip and a few thirty second clips, that would give whoever (Doodie?) some material to work with to make something good. I don't expect COD2 to get the same amount of time in the TG video as BF2, for example. I'd certainly like to see a little bit of every game that we do support here, though!

And how long for a video? 5-6 minutes? Two songs?
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X