Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best of First-Person Tactical/Wargaming (according to me)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best of First-Person Tactical/Wargaming (according to me)

I've written a pretty large article on the subject of first-person tactical/wargames (i.e. Flashpoint, Raven Shield, America's Army, etc), with the main point of it being to cite and praise various features and elements of past games in the genre while discussing the future of the genre. Seeing as how this is TacticalGamer, I figured you guys might want to take a look at it.

If you're interested in checking it out, you can find it on my site (www.dslyecxi.com). I'd post a direct url if it were possible, but alas this forum prevents that from happening until you've done 15 or more posts.

Feedback is of course welcome. Hope you guys enjoy it.

-dslyecxi
    Last edited by CingularDuality; 05-29-2006, 09:52 AM.

Re: The Best of First-Person Tactical/Wargaming (according to me)

www.dslyecxi.com

Excellent work. An incredible and very insightful read, and I also really enjoyed the OFP guide located on the same site.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

There's another OFP page that isn't direct-linked, you can reach it via ofpttp.html appended to the url of the main site. The other one is just ofp.html

Glad you like the "Best of" article. I had a good time writing it up. =)

Comment

Awsome write up. You hit on allot of good points.

I was wondering where was that footage in the authentic sounds section from?

Comment

Originally posted by Strikeman
          Awsome write up. You hit on allot of good points.

I was wondering where was that footage in the authentic sounds section from?
          It's from the Battle of Abu Ghraib, you can find more info about it on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Abu_Ghraib

Remove the spaces between 'http', 'pedia', and 'of' to get the link to work.
          Last edited by CingularDuality; 05-29-2006, 09:51 AM.

Comment

thanks for the link.

Comment

Fantastic article, fantastic information. You did a great job gathering and presenting that information. looking forward to sharing it with others.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Nice!
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

And the editing power of Mighty Cing comes into focus once again ;). Great writeup!

Comment

I think this article needs to be publicized some more. Its too good to be buried in a thread on a message board. You should talk to magnum he's with SimHQ, im sure they could link to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strikeman
                      I think this article needs to be publicized some more. Its too good to be buried in a thread on a message board. You should talk to magnum he's with SimHQ, im sure they could link to it.
                      It'll be on SimHQ, already talked to Magnum. =)

Comment

Yeah I've already seen this website passed around the Internet. It's getting pretty popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi
                          It'll be on SimHQ, already talked to Magnum. =)
                          Good to hear.

I tell ya, that section on realistic sounds was great. Its something thats definitely missing from sims today. If OFP had that, it would be crazy.
                          Last edited by Strikeman; 05-30-2006, 07:25 PM.

Comment

This article needs to be in the hands of game developers!
                            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^>
                              This article needs to be in the hands of game developers!
                              I'm trying to get as much publicity for it as I can, hopefully that'll at least get the attention of a good number of devs. Whether or not they do anything with it is a different question, however.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X