Memorial Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day

As memorial day draws near in the US I just wanted to say thank you to all the TG men and women that have served in the armed forces. The courage to step forward and protect and serve your country is to be admired. Thank you one and all.

To those that never served take a minute and tell someone that has thank you. I had a chance last year to sit outside of a store and chat with an old verteran from WW2. It turned out he was airborne and my wife had to actually drag me away from our conversation. That was an amazing generation.

Most importantly everyone be safe this weekend.
    Retired 6th DB

Re: Memorial Day

My wife's grandfather was a WWII Army Air Corps pilot. His plane went down in the Pacific in the summer of 1945 and after 7 days in a rubber raft, hanging on through a typhoon, he was rescued by the USS Trutta on June 7th. Now, Gramps goes to the WWII Submarine Veterans convention every year. I was able to go once, and it was one of the most amazing things I've ever done. To literally be surrounded by all these heroes that are willing to talk about all the amazing adventures that they had was just spectaculer. I recommend to anyone that they attend a WWII convention or spend an afternoon at the local VFW and just listen to the stories. Hell, buy 'em a couple of beers, the stories might get better.

And thank them.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

One of my grandfathers served on a ship in WWII, the other one was the cheif nuclear engineer in New England.

Comment

Thanks to our Veterans and their contribution to liberty.

Comment

My grandpa was in the air force during WW2. He had some foot problem that kept him from getting in, but he knew the doctor so he had the guy approve him. Then he went down to memorize the eye chart, because otherwise his vision was so bad he'd fail the test. Of course, once he got in he couldn't really do much because of his foot and his bad eyes, so he mostly sat around peeling potatoes. He noticed there were some people who didn't have to spend all day peeling potatoes, and he asked his friend who they were, and he found out they were officers. So then he went to officer's school, and I think he was there when the war ended.

Heh.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X