Indy car fans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy car fans?

Any Indy car fans around? Or just Indy 500 fans like me? Was that a race or what? Just got done watching the local tape delay broadcast of the race.

Second closest finish in Indy 500 history in what as predicted to be the hottest race day in 50 years (not sure if it hit that record).. The last 4 or 5 laps were just unbelievable.. Almost had Micheal and Marco Andretti finishing 1-2, but 2-3 is still pretty awesome. Hornish winning was pretty cool -- I've liked him for a while so it was nice to see him get the win, although I think an Andretti win woulda been nicer.. Roger Penske has this Indy 500 thing figured out with 14 wins as an owner.

This was my 15th time at the race.. Our seats are right at the start finish line under the awning, so we got to see the drama of the last 200yards up close and personal. Just spectacular. The greatest spectacle in racing.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Re: Indy car fans?

This was true racing, unlike the spectacle that is NASCAR (oops just offended somebody)

You guys watch MOTOGP as well? Having owned a sportbike and having ridden it aggressively, I know how amazing it is what they do.

Comment

Never seen the Indy 500, but I have been to IMS for the F1 U.S. Grand Prix which was amazing. Seats right at the end of turn 4 so we could see more than half the course and the start/finish line.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I don't like any racing which doesn't feature BOTH left and right turns. Overall, I prefer motorcycle racing for many reasons. The only race I've been to is the Canadian Superbike Championships.
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^>
          Never seen the Indy 500, but I have been to IMS for the F1 U.S. Grand Prix which was amazing. Seats right at the end of turn 4 so we could see more than half the course and the start/finish line.
          Yea, that's about where our old seats for the 500 were.. Stand H. We were right across from where the F1 course turns in to the infield. For the 500, we could see cars coming off turn 3 all the way around until the entrance to turn 1. They were nice seats... 4 or 5 years ago my Uncle asked to have us moved down closer to the start/finish line and we ended up with amazing seats maybe 15ft to the right of the line and under cover. The cover is key on days like we had Sunday -- we would have really baked in the bleachers with the bright sun and high temps. Was also nice 2 years ago when rain interrupted the race a couple times.

I can watch a small amount of racing on TV, and will pretty much watch anything that I happen to find.. lawn mowers, offshore boats, stock cars, F1, etc. But, yea, just a little bit. Actually going to the track is MUCH more fun!
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          | for | |

Comment

I have actually met Sam Hornish, he lives close to my home town and has come out to my parents greenhouse to get plants. Also Doug Kalitta, from top fuel, is a relative, i see him every christmas and can go to any of his races i wish.

Would have been cool to see marco win, to win at indy in your rookie year is an accomplishment
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
              to win at indy is an accomplishment
              Fixed that for ya.. Before the race, Sam said he'd be willing to trade all his previous wins and championships for an Indy win.
              Battlefield Admin() ()
              | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed