Visit TG often?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit TG often?

This is an unusual request, and certainly not manditory. Just for people that want to help out:

There are two major system on the Internet to track popularity/traffic on various web sites. One is Google PageRank and the other is Alexa. In the past I have ran the Alexa toolbar on my machine but stopped some time long ago.

There is a plugin for FireFox that lets me run Alexa in a little tiny box at the bottom of the screen. The way Alexa works, they watch what sites you go to and how often you visit them and provide anonymous utilization information back to their database which tracks site popularity.

If you want to help out TG, read up on the Alexa-compatible SearchStatus plugin for FireFox here:
    http://www.quirk.biz/searchstatus/

You can download it here:
    http://www.quirk.biz/download-searchstatus

You can download the IE Alexa toolbar off their main site at http://www.alexa.com

Our Alexa ranking fluctuates quite a bit, if we can get it stabilized that will give us more street credibility with various publishers/developers/etc. Just installing the SearchStatus plugin in Firefox will help immensely.

If you install it, post here and let us know! All the support we can get would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Apophis; 05-30-2006, 01:15 PM.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Visit TG often?

Is there some sort of Greasemonkey script or something that I could run through Opera?

Comment

PakeRank typo (and "inalling").

I installed SearchStatus. That's enough to help? Or is there something else? That covers both Google and Alexa, yes?

If a Greasemonkey something something will help, I'd be happy to develop it.

Edit: I see I have PageRank and Alexa meters in my statusbar now. I guess I'm done.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Done
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            PakeRank typo (and "inalling").

I installed SearchStatus. That's enough to help? Or is there something else? That covers both Google and Alexa, yes?

If a Greasemonkey something something will help, I'd be happy to develop it.

Edit: I see I have PageRank and Alexa meters in my statusbar now. I guess I'm done.
            Errors corrected.

The plugin will show you current Google and Alexa pageranks, as well as give you some options to show information about the site, view other pages from the site, etc. If you see the meters down in the status bar, you're good to go!

Comment

Done!

Comment

Installed! Uuuuppiieee ;).

Comment

Done

Comment

and dunner

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've been going around and sticking this plugin on all my browsers.

It's interesting how differently these two companies approach this "ranking" bit.

Google bases your PageRank on the quantity, and quality, of inbound links to your site. Every page on your site has it's own PageRank value.

Alexa bases your ranking on how many people using Alexa-enabled browsers visit your site. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of Alexa-enabled browsers in the TG crowd.

Comment

Installed.

Comment

Hmmm, I think my wife must've uninstalled the toolbar. Bump.
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Anyone know, off hand, if Alexa runs on linux?

Comment

Originally posted by Mateo
                              Anyone know, off hand, if Alexa runs on linux?
                              There's a FireFox toolbar there.

Whoops, it's a seperate program that Apophis mentioned: http://www.quirk.biz/searchstatus/
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X