Natural Selection (Eat your heart out.) Empires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Selection (Eat your heart out.) Empires

Okay, so i read a thread about the Empires Mod for Source... I downloaded it, and now, instead of playing Elder Scrolls VI: Oblivion i've been investing my time in this game...

A video for those who would like a shot at its capibilities.

If only the Dev team of NS could get the luck they deserve to get something going, HL2 mods are getting better day by day.
    Oyee

Re: Natural Selection (Eat your heart out.) Empires

Is it remotely playable now? The last time I installed this, it was an utter failure.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I've been playing it all day with only one problem... Only 3 servers, and of those 3 only 2 of them are filled(ish)

I've played the role of the commander, and lemme say its a blast to have a co-operative team, but when everyone runs around like chickens with no heads, it can be fustrating... And that happens more often than not.

I did however just end a 45-min long battle (Me as commander "enterd late in game") we were behind, but i came back with some researching and good team work...

The thing i like the most is squad-team work. YES SQUADS! you can form squads and have them attack targets... Similar to BF2.

The game was designed to run on Battlefield 1942, but was scraped because of problems, it then was ported to Source, which seems to be doing GREAT!
      Oyee

Comment

/me is interested.

Ill look into the new version when I get some free time, and access to my gaming rig.
        USAR

Comment

I played it in 1.0, and it was still very much a beta. Missing animations, lackluster maps, etc.

Would be interested in how much of that has improved over time.
          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
            Is it remotely playable now? The last time I installed this, it was an utter failure.
            Heh that's what NS was like when it first came out.

Yeah, Empires is pretty awesome. I like the vehicle customization.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
              instead of playing Elder Scrolls VI: Oblivion i've been investing my time in this game...
              Ah HAH! I always had a suspicion you could manipulate time, and this PROVES it. So this is how you've been able to get those missiles to hit my BF2 jet without lock-on...
              -Zephyr
              You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
              We are not a single game.
              We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
              We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
                Ah HAH! I always had a suspicion you could manipulate time, and this PROVES it. So this is how you've been able to get those missiles to hit my BF2 jet without lock-on...
                -Zephyr
                Are you talking about Dark Viper or whom ever?

lol poor zeph
                Oyee

Comment

^^^^^I believe he is. I don't recall you playing BF2. Let alone owning us from above.
                  RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                  TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                  "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                  "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X