A Series of Unfortunate Events... A note about Vegas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Series of Unfortunate Events... A note about Vegas

Well.. I'm going to make this as short and sweet as possible due to the fact that I don't want to get all teary-eyed again. However, it seems I will not be making it to the Vegas venture after all.. My husband and I have had some pretty heated discussions about it, nothing I'll drag here, but suffice it to say they were about Vegas, our budget and they were not very pretty. So it is with a sad heart that I'm finally making the decision not to go and save my marriage... According to my mother it is the "mature" thing to do, but when is that ever fun? *shrug* This comes on the heels of a PM from Phoenixx saying he and a friend were out as well, and after Cingular ducking out earlier and now Sassy who "can't" go without me..... Then P8riot PM'd to say he would not be able to make it also....

Perhaps it was just too lofty of a goal to pull off monetarily for everyone right now, or maybe the timing was just not right? Either way, I'm sad to say it looks as if TG Vegas-style will have to happen another time........ The $20 deposit will be refunded or donated to a TG membership "scholarship" fund. Sassy and I might still be heading to Austin that weekend (substantially cheaper....,) since it is our birthday, but right now have no plans to organize a get-together. I just want to say again that I'm sorry things couldn't work out on my end (believe me, I've tried every angle...) that I still heart TG, and I hope to be back on the battlefield in whatever game everyone's in these days.. very soon.
    I heart TG.
    xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events... A note about Vegas

Your making the right decision Sugar. It's not always the funnest choice but it is the right one. Major props to you and everyone else who tried to pull this off. You guys gave it the TG try and came up a bit short. Keep your head held high and there will be more opportunities for Vegas
    sigpic

Comment

Don't feel bad. This was a monstrous undertaking at many levels. It is far more important that you get back in the game! ;)
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Yes, it is particularly tough to do when it comes down to calling off an event (or even just your participation in an event)- After msging with Sugar about it earlier in the week - I was still pretty much holding out the hope that I could still pull it off and carry the show until yesterday.

I know Cingular and I are aware of how much effort Sugar put into this and I know everyone else that has tried to do events like this before also knows how much effort goes into it - that makes 'making the hard call' even harder too do. TG and other communities like TG have become a part of 'Real Life' for many people here and in those other communities. It is unfortunate events that underscores the importance of the many other things that involve what we call 'Real Life' and the balancing act that keeps it all together.

SO, Sugar, That being said. I would be pleased to be on your next event planning team - when you are ready to start it all again! :D
        sigpic

Comment

That sucks, Sugar.

Stick around and we'll do it next year!
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Family comes before anything. Tough call to make but IMO a good call. Good luck Sugar. You have done a fantastic job organizing the events. It will come around again. This community is behind you as well as all of it's members.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I'm sure none of us is worth a fight with the love of your life. Money inspires fights, yes, but, really, they're rarely worth it, either.

Vegas was never an option for me monetarily (the only reason you never saw interest from me). Given what I know about the situation and your decision, I'm proud of you. I've had a similar struggle recently (not Vegas), and, while I had to wrestle with anger, frustration, and a feeling of entitlement in my desires to go and do what I wanted to go and do, I must say that I felt a certain satisfaction once I told myself that it just wasn't going to happen.

Once I chose family over indulgence, at least the (very) sad reality of not getting what I wanted was countered by the satisfaction of honoring my family by doing what was best for us.

To the many who have chosen to stay home out of responsibility of any kind, I say "well done" and "here's to next time."
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I couldn't go because P8riot threatened to beat me up and take all my gambling money :(
                Battlefield Admin() ()
                [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                  I couldn't go because P8riot threatened to beat me up and take all my gambling money :(

And I was ROBBED of the opportunity... DARN IT!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    To the many who have chosen to stay home out of responsibility of any kind, I say "well done" and "here's to next time."
                    Heh... Thanks, but it still sucks...

:row__738:
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

lmao @ Cing :D I knew this was a good group. I honestly get a little verklempt reading these posts. ;) Y'all's responses mean alot to me... Okay, enough of the mushy stuff.. PITY POKER this Saturday 8pm CST. Be there! I'll be PayPal'ing y'all back soon.
                      I heart TG.
                      xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|SugarNCamo
                        lmao @ Cing :D I knew this was a good group. I honestly get a little verklempt reading these posts. ;) Y'all's responses mean alot to me... Okay, enough of the mushy stuff.. PITY POKER this Saturday 8pm CST. Be there! I'll be PayPal'ing y'all back soon.

GRRRRR.. I'll be in Nassau Saturday! figgers! HAHA.. have fun!
                        sigpic

Comment

As it was side family is averting
                          looking forward to the next time

Comment

Not a Problem with me. RL and family first! We can do it another time.

Thankyou for your effort and time.

Sarcoma

We have a scholarship fund? Ill fund that!
                            Sarcoma.

Comment

Hey Sugar, still bummed that Claw and I had to back out in the first place. You made the right decision. Thanks for taking the time to get this going- it was a big undertaking to begin with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X