Steam Skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Skin

Hey everyone... This message is for everyone who uses steam, I have been working on a skin for TacticalGamer for a little while now. I know there is another TG Steam skin floating around out there but I still wanted to give it a try.

Let me know what you think.

http://home.comcast.net/~avvinzalf/TGSteamSkinPi.rar

I dont know how many times this can be downloaded through my comcast ftp, so hurry up or you may not get it ! =)

It also modifys the ingame menus so dont forget to take a look there.

Thanks

-Pi
    Attached Files
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Re: Steam Skin

Originally posted by Vinzalf
    Let me know what you think.
    The friends list is very difficult to read. What if you changed the text color to black?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I know there is another TG Steam skin floating around out there
      This is the skin that eternal did for TacticalGamer when Steam first came out:
      http://members.tacticalgamer.com/~ci...GSteamSkin.rar

Large screenshot: http://members.tacticalgamer.com/~ci...GSteamSkin.jpg

Vinzalf, when you're done with your skin, let me know and I'll put it on some TG webspace...
      Last edited by CingularDuality; 02-26-2004, 05:59 AM.
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Those are the freinds who arent online. I've tried changing that in the past, but as you probably know, Ya change one thing Steam changes everything.

I have it set as black for the online players, and I wanted a distinction between whos online and whos not (not just the title line)

I can work on it, But I've completely redone the skin about 3 times due to that Freinds list =/

Lemme go set that text to pink to see what else it changes and work from there.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Quickly made a change, and set that background text to Grey.... It is easier to see, but I dont personally feel It fits the color scheme I was going after, as I used grey nowhere else. What do you think now?

Thanks alot for the Feedback Cingular.

'Grey' freinds list. jpg below. If enough people prefer that to white, I'll make a new upload for the skin with that.
          Attached Files
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Quickly made a change, and set that background text to Grey.... It is easier to see, but I dont personally feel It fits the color scheme I was going after, as I used grey nowhere else. What do you think now?
            How about a green or brown color? Something that is noticeably darker than the cream/tan color you're using for the background, but noticeably lighter than black?
            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

those colors I tried before but I wasnt overall pleased with them, When I get home I'll change it to those colors and upload a few quick pictures.
              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Okay I updated the colors and the only one that looked okay was the green text. Here's a Screenshot of it for review before It's fully put in...

I still prefer the white, but If you really need to know whos Offline (compared to whos online) Then this will work.

I already know about the forum link on the bottom of the menu, That will be fixed with the next time I upload it (not yet)

Green BG Text:
                Attached Files
                RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Okay I updated the colors and the only one that looked okay was the green text. Here's a Screenshot of it for review before It's fully put in...

Green BG Text:
                  Well, I vote for this one... I think it's kinda nice to be able to read text. But it's your creation, you go with what you think is best. I haven't heard anyone else chime in, either...
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Yea, I'm glad I'm getting SOME feedback on the issue =P I'm trying to make something that people will actually use, so make some requests, I'll see what I can do.. (Not just Cingular too =p)
                    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      Well, I vote for this one... I think it's kinda nice to be able to read text. But it's your creation, you go with what you think is best. I haven't heard anyone else chime in, either...
                      Agreed. This latest version looks very nice.

Wyzcrak
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Woohoo, a new source of input... oh wait, Wyz gave me input before everyone... =P

Come on, Is it THAT good that nobody can tell me something to add/change? =D

If Its that good I wanna see everyone using it =)

I'll upload the link fix and the text change version soon, then You guys can give me more stuff to add/fix... please

[Edit] Okay new ones up, at the same link ( http://home.comcast.net/~avvinzalf/TacticalGamerPi.rar )
                        Last edited by Vinzalf; 02-26-2004, 11:52 PM.
                        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

I think your skins are fine guys. However, being the fruitcake that I am I like for the programs that I use most often to have a similat color scheme as the rest of my desktop (currently blue/light blue ).

So if it wouldn't be too much of a pain, would it be possible to get a tg skin in blue. I don't know how much work goes into the skin making so i'm not sure whether its time consuming or not.

If its not too much trouble I would really appreciate a blue steam skin :).

Thanks.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

woohoo, only took a month to get some more replies...

Colors are really easy to change... cept in my menu picture, there they are a bit more difficult, but still not terribly hard...

gimme the hex code of the main colors, or better yet show us a screenshot of your desktop / color scheme
                            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

woohoo, only took a month to get some more replies...

Colors are really easy to change... cept in my menu picture, there they are a bit more difficult, but still not terribly hard...

gimme the hex code of the main colors, or better yet show us a screenshot of your desktop / color scheme
                              desktop
                              http://s93152465.onlinehome.us/bg.jpg

backgroud
                              http://s93152465.onlinehome.us/dragon.jpg

RGB around...
                              A blue that's not too dark not too bright. If you feel like changing the skin use your imagination, thanks.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X