Calling all Banner-Makers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Banner-Makers!

So here's the deal. I was talking to Apo just to make sure it was ok, and he gave me the go.

I read the SomethingAwful forums quite a bit. So do about 20,000 other people. (If you're not familiar, SomethingAwful is basically just a humor site, but the forums is where all the interesting stuff happens...However, you have to pay a $10 fee to become a member and be able to post, but it's well worth it)

It's only about $10 to post a banner on their site (they rotate the banners on page refresh), and since I just got my check, I figured I'd make a little donation to TG and buy 2 banners on the SA forums. My hope is that we'll at least get a lot more traffic running through our site, and maybe even a few new members!

So my request: I'm looking for someone to make banners. I know apo said he would work on a TV banner, so now I'm looking for someone to make a banner for TG itself.

I know there are already banners floating around, but I had my own idea for one. A 3-frame .gif would work well...I would want it to say something like "Tired of Pubbies?" in white text on a black backround on the first frame, and then "We can help." or "Take a vacation." on the second frame. The 3rd frame could just rotate to a normal TG banner...something that would appeal to them. I would leave out the "Online Military Gaming" since we don't want to scare anyone, but I would definatly want our slogan on there (Play the game the way it's meant to be played or something along those lines).

I don't care what base banner you use really, I just want someone to make the first 2 frames for me, since I have no idea how to compile a .gif. Everyone seems to be very mature over at those forums while still maintaining a sense of humor, and now would be a perfect time to attract them with the $1 dollar deal and all.

So is anyone up for the challenge? I will buy the banners as soon as someone makes them.

Re: Calling all Banner-Makers!

What should the dimensions of the banner be?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

"Banner ads are required to be exactly 468x60 and a max of 30KB."

Comment

Well, I'm hardly an artist, but here's a mockup of what you suggested. I must say I like the idea.

http://members.tacticalgamer.com/~wy...tg-pubbies.gif

Anyone with more artistic/image skills can grab the source PNG if they'd like to do more work on it.

Wyzcrak

edit: to state the obvious, I did not build the last frame. That banner is displayed on TG's homepage to visitors who are not logged in. I do not intend to take credit for that work. It's just used as an example of what might go there.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i don't think it needs to be any more flashy than that... i mean i could make it look all plastic or texture it or stuff but a simple clean message on b/w is just as effective.

Comment

tee hee. I'm having FUN. :)

I wish I was better an making artistic stuff. :)

Wyzcrak

edit: I should not that the above was made only because I already had the image software open and felt like screwing around. It's not intended, on ANY level, as an answer to Miko's call. haha
            Last edited by Wyzcrak; 02-27-2004, 12:57 AM.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wyzcrak....words can't express the awesomeness of those banners. My boss actually asked me what I was doing when he heard my hard laughing. :)

Those are AWESOME. The pubbies one looks great, and I may even buy the last one becuase I like it so damn much. :)

Comment

Nice 1 Miko - good idea :)
                Jex.

Comment

Banner bought! I want to see the first in rotation before I buy another.

Comment

"It's a team game, you're gonna need a TEAM"
                    I love that quote!!!

Comment

I just took Wyz's banner and used the background layers and the Hardcore font...
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Awesome Apo. I'm going to buy that when I get to work.

Comment

Originally posted by MikoLovesYou
                          Awesome Apo. I'm going to buy that when I get to work.
                          It's a 54k banner.. It's a tad large. I'll see if I can make a smaller version now.

Comment

Original 54k banner

Optimized 39k banner
                            Last edited by Apophis; 02-27-2004, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Oh damn....that banner is too big. It's 39k....the max is 30k. :(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X