Important Announcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Announcement

I have an important announcement, but I'm not going to make it until I see #tacticalgamer host forty (40) concurrent community members.

tactical-gamer-joins-gamesurge-irc-network

No, I won't announce it in IRC, I'll announce it here.

But you people are going to have to deliver to find out what it is.

Educate yourself about IRC and join the channel. We're already almost halfway to the above goal.
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 06-12-2006, 01:39 PM.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Important Announcement

Originally posted by Apo
    You can join in on the conversation either by clicking on the "IRC Chat" link in the top navigation bar
    I don't see that link.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Apophis removed it long ago.

You'll have to download an IRC client.

(Google 'chatzilla', 'mirc', or 'web-based irc', perhaps.)

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

It's not there any more. You'll have to download a third-party client. I just noticed the same thing.

Comment

Trillian works fine as an IRC client, and instructions for setting it up are in the Tactical Wiki!
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm there in spirit. A corporate firewall prevents me from talking to my peeps.
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
              I'm there in spirit. A corporate firewall prevents me from talking to my peeps.
              Might try this Rincewind. Our IT is pretty tight as well and it worked for me...

http://www.ircatwork.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
                Might try this Rincewind. Our IT is pretty tight as well and it worked for me...

Awesome... it works. :D
                No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin

I'm in the same boat as Rincewind, and circumventing IT protections can get you fired.

Interest is piqued though. Nice way to promote the IRC channel.

Comment

Haha, it worked untill everyone started using it. Damn Gamesurge and their anti-work server. I got kicked because too many of us were enjoying the same "Host".

Comment

So much for the proxy..
                      Code:
                      13:37 ||| TG_Guest [[email protected]] has joined
                            #TacticalGamer
                      13:37 ||| tau_neutrino [email protected] has quit G-lined
                            (AUTO Excessive connections from a single host.)
                      13:37 ||| TG_Guest [email protected] has quit G-lined (AUTO
                            Excessive connections from a single host.)
                      13:37 ||| icky [email protected] has quit G-lined (AUTO
                      13:37 ||| _rincewind [email protected] has quit G-lined (AUTO Excessive
                            connections from a single host.)
                      13:37 ||| neutrino [email protected] has quit G-lined (AUTO
                      Battlefield Admin() ()
                      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                      | for | |

Comment

We got pwned.
                        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

This announcement can't be good. Once again, I am there in spirit.

Comment

Hehe.... I'll join IRC for the sake of TG...

Ready Wyz? :)

Comment

Folks are coming out of the woodwork.

For anyone nerd enough to run his own personal proxy (which I'm guessing you can then connect to using [email protected]):

http://www.ircproxy.night-light.net/

Anyone who installs this (or something similar; do share a link) on his own machine and connects through it from a remote location counts as 5 toward the 40.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X