This is why you shouldn't have AOL!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why you shouldn't have AOL!

This poor guy try to cancel his AOL account and this is how it goes. Amen.

link --> http://www.break.com/index/aolhell.html
    Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Re: This is why you shouldn't have AOL!

We needed a reason?
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I had one of my bosses try and cancel, because he got Road Runner, he spent his entire lunch hour going back and forth on AOLs customer support trying to do this exact same thing. He only had AOL for 3 months and it wasnt used much cause it was so expensive. They ended up giveing him a free year. He hasnt used it once, and they keep calling wondering why he isnt useing the free service they gave him. He flat out told them he uses road runner because its safer and faster.

Long story short, they keep giving him more and more free time...it nuts
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Maybe its because their doing so bad anymore :O. Man that link of that guy was really bad, I would have been mad as hell. Talk about bad business practices.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I hope he sent it in to AOL for there Customer Service reps to hear
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
            I hope he sent it in to AOL for there Customer Service reps to hear
            I'm sure the practice is encouraged. This way they just keep giving out free hours instead of losing a customer. I would just threaten legal action and that would probably get them to cancel it promptly.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Uh-oh. I am about to cancel my AOL account in the next few days...

Tactical Linkage

Originally posted by BBC
              AOL, the internet arm of Time Warner, is to sack 1,300 of its US call centre staff because, it said, customers are now better equipped to help themselves.
              Originally posted by BBC
              The number of callers has also slipped because subscriptions are on the slide.

AOL had 26.7 million customers in September 2002, but this had fallen by more than 25% by last December.

Comment

Make sure you record the conversation for us!!
                ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
                  Make sure you record the conversation for us!!
                  Fo shizzle! Hopefully, you have the equipment necessary to do that.

Comment

This reminds me of the first time I got high speed connection. Verizon called me and asked me would I like faster internet and I took up there offer and never looked back. Now I am on Optonline. I want to get my hands on Verizon FIOS though.

Edit: Yes I am sure they just make it so hard because they don't want to lose customers. That guy on the phone is a person that sold his soul to the devil. (Listening to the propaganda of your job.)
                    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I only have one thing to say, AOL sucks.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

He never asked for a Supervisor? That's my default question as soon as they start treating me like a non-customer.
                        New to TG?

Comment

Many times I've only used AOL for the free 2month trial when I couldn't afford Broadband for while. Its murder to try to cancel with them, couple years back, I tried cancelling and I get offered to enter to win a car sweepstakes. Then about 8 months ago, I tried cancelling again, and I think I spent 30mins telling the guy no on the phone "NO, NO" He's like I'll give you another 30days free, I'm like "Ok thats fine, as long as you auto cancel my account for me then, and I don't have to call back in 30 days." He's like "I can't do that sir." I'm like, screw you cancel my account.

Don't know if they get annoyed or not, but I always tell them I just use your service for 2months and cancel.

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
                            He never asked for a Supervisor? That's my default question as soon as they start treating me like a non-customer.
                            Worked for me when the Verizon website wouldn't work for changing a phone number to a different phone. My sister got coke in her phone, so she wanted to use an old one that we had. So, the lady on the phone says that it's gonna cost 20 freakin dollars. I told her, let me speak to your supervisor. She never let me talk to her supervisor, and did it for us "complimentary." My next comment if that didn't work was gonna be, "This is a nice little scheme ya'll have got goin on here. Pretending to offer it online for free, but having it not really work."

lol. good stuff.

Comment

AOL is a bunch of crap if you ask me. It messes with your Windows OS. I have Qwest DSL with MSN, a much better ISP. Only had to experience 1 downtime with the ISP.
                              XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X