Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship Simulator 2006 - WooHoo!!!

http://www.shipsim-secure.com/

Oooh I can't wait to spend weeks crossing the atlantic or pacific! :icon_eek: Ooh there's a wave
    Jex.

Re: Ship Simulator 2006 - WooHoo!!!

I call dibs on the container ship! Form Newark to Antwerp...here we go.

This could be like back in college and when I used to play Harpoon (awesome game!). Before going to class, I would set it to real time. I'd come back and voila, I just picked up where I left off.
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by jex
      http://www.shipsim-secure.com/

Oooh I can't wait to spend weeks crossing the atlantic or pacific! :icon_eek: Ooh there's a wave
      Proof positive that Simm-ahs are a different breed. :icon19:

Comment

Cool, I'm d/l'ing the demo.

Comment

Where Are The Sailboats?????!!!??
          The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
          #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
          83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Looks about as fun as the Train Simulator. Maybe this will have some awsome wave dynamics/graphics though.
            sigpic

Comment

lol, well, you'd have to be into boating to like it. This would be good practice for getting your Captain's license. My dad is going to get his, and I might later.

Comment

Well, I am a sim addict. Bring me the simulation for the most boring job on Earth and I will probably play/enjoy it... Before you ask, I dont know what is wrong with me ;) Feel free to probe the psyche and present a diagnosis...

I played the ship simulator demo and liked it. Fun part, for me, is to learn the technical details (nautical terms and standards) and develop the skills to maneuver the boat; taking wind speed/direction into account, using bow thrusters, etc. If you use a wheel to control like I did, you will enjoy it more. They did a good job modelling the water (well, what else to model good in a ship simulator?). But I need to see what happens when weather conditions change.

I had great fun with MS Train Simulator and looking forward to next one from the same developer (Rail Simulator). Check out the beautiful cabin shots: here

I also look forward to a Truck simulation called Rig "n" Roll . I might be the ONLY soul here following the progress of this game...

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                  Unfortunately, you are somewhat limited to ports and cannot embark such long voyages in the coming version. But they say it may/will be possible in future releases/mods...

Silent Hunter III is still your best shot for cross Atlantic adventures... My first mission took a week to finish.

Comment

lol I put this up as a joke - it seems people actually think this er... floats my boat ;)
                    Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                      lol I put this up as a joke - it seems people actually think this er... floats my boat ;)
                      Wow, you surprised me there Jex. I wouldnt expect a "ship simulator" joke from a flight simmer ;)

Comment

Well, I did try the demo. It's.. "interesting"

I think my brother would like it. He's a hardcore boater but not too savvy when it comes to video games. I actually think he'd get a lot of amusement out of going through the various missions and piloting the ships.

It's not my cup of tea though, although I do get into submarine simulators which to many people can be equally as boring.
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                          You mean..

Originally posted by jex
                          Oooh I can't wait to spend weeks crossing the atlantic or pacific! :icon_eek: Ooh there's an ICEBERG!
                          Jex is KING OF THE WORLD!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

I laughed this off after seeing the trailer a while ago - my first impressions were Jaws meets Tugboats meets massive explosions from ship collisions.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                            |TG-2nd|munchkin
                            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
                              meets massive explosions from ship collisions.

Hmmmmm.. Can you SAY "Bumper Boats"?

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...