Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1000 for PS3?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5088154.stm

The next generation consoles are on offer as "pre-orders" to Europeans for 550 ($1,020) at online shop, play.com.
    Gulp :icon_eek:
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Re: $1000 for PS3?

Those bundles are going to be killer.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Yea, 3 games in the package, but still.. And, ordering now won't guarantee it to be here by Christmas!
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

Yeah, that should only be around 750$, 800$ at the most.

Comment

Well, you can't really compare prices of consumer goods in different countries using exchange rates. That's what Big Mac Index and PPP are for.
          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Console bundles = UCB raping. Thats why I didn't have a Xbox360
            Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

A waste of money if you ask me, if you saw the press conference at E3 not very promising. Heck you can buy a XBOX 360 and Nintendo Wii for the price of one PS3.
              XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Originally posted by wildcat2000
                A waste of money if you ask me, if you saw the press conference at E3 not very promising. Heck you can buy a XBOX 360 and Nintendo Wii for the price of one PS3.

Thats whats I plan to do, of course I've had my 360 since launch day. I'll be getting a wii hopefully on launch day to.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcat2000
                  And still end up with neither an HD-DVD drive or Blu-Ray. With Blu-Ray players hitting the shelves at $1,000, I think getting a PS3 thrown in for free seems like a steal to me.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                    And still end up with neither an HD-DVD drive or Blu-Ray. With Blu-Ray players hitting the shelves at $1,000, I think getting a PS3 thrown in for free seems like a steal to me.
                    Thats what I was thinking too, Ill be picking one up when it is released.

Comment

^^^The PS2 sucks as a DVD player and so does the Xbox I can't imagine it being any different for either the PS3 or the 360.
                      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                        So what? Blu-Ray will be nothing until consumer prices decrease and stuff starts coming out on Blu-Ray. Early adopters will pay that premium with practically no benefit.

"I've got Blu-Ray!"

"Really? What can you do with it?"

"Uh, nothing really..."

"Oh, well, ummm, cool. Good for you."

"I can play the Blu-Ray demo disk that came with it!"

"Wow. Ummm, neato."
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          So what? Blu-Ray will be nothing until consumer prices decrease and stuff starts coming out on Blu-Ray. Early adopters will pay that premium with practically no benefit.

"I've got Blu-Ray!"

"Really? What can you do with it?"

"Uh, nothing really..."

"Oh, well, ummm, cool. Good for you."

"I can play the Blu-Ray demo disk that came with it!"

"Wow. Ummm, neato."
                          Quoted for truth.
                          -Zephyr
                          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                          We are not a single game.
                          We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                          We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Not true Cing, they are going to be releasing movies starting next week. By the time the PS3 is released their will be plenty availible. Like GM said it might be a horrible player but only time will tell. Also the HD DVD vs Blu Ray battle should be interesting. http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2006...pcworld/126131

Comment

Since I already own a 360, I may just get the hd-dvd on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X