Quick warning for Steam Users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick warning for Steam Users

The new steam update presents you with a new exit option when you try to close steam. If you choose it make sure you know your password because when you restart steam you need to log in again!

Re: Quick warning for Steam Users

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
    What the hell is up with steam? IT's so messed up I can't even login or update games.
    My Little Pony Adventure won't update with Steam. Stop trying.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      My Little Pony Adventure won't update with Steam. Stop trying.

Wyzcrak
      Valve made it. I am starting to think Half-Life was just beginner's luck.
      Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Two more problems that I encountered with the most recent Steam update.

First, my email validation took forever to arrive, and I was unable to join Steam servers while I waited. I've since received the email, can play fine, and suspect anyone validating their address now will get much faster service, as I validated during peak usage, when the feature first came online. However, you might arrange things such that you're not in a big hurry to play when you click that "validate email" button.

Second, the most recent Steam update changed my Steam internet settings to "Modem 14.4". Heh. No matter what server I joined, my ping would swing within the boundaries (if you can call them that) of 50-5000, and my choke would be pegged at 100. It took me forever to figure out what was going on, but changing my settings back to what they were (setting my internet connection back to T1 and "rate 9999" -- Steam had set my rate to 1500!) immediately fixed my problem.

Just FYI, in case anyone else experiences similar symptoms.

Wyzcrak
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
          Valve made it. I am starting to think Half-Life was just beginner's luck.
          well said :icon_lol:
          From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...