Do myne eyes deceive me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do myne eyes deceive me?

Our very own Magnum got a bit of editorial comment in on page 008 of Augusts PC Gamer Magazine? I am sure it isn't the first time - but alas, I saw it!
    sigpic

Re: Do myne eyes deceive me?

Yeah, and he got owned by not realizing that the PPU takes pressure off the CPU. Oh well :D

Comment

No.. Not pwnd - because it's not been done yet.. and why burden the CPU with AI when it could've been offloaded like physics calcs.

Has anyone bought a Physx card yet?
      sigpic

Comment

WTG Magnum. You can list that in your biblio ;)
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Anyone got a link or photocopy?

Comment

I'm just amazed that it's not even July and the August issue of a magazine is out..

Comment

I'll post a image when I get home.. The screenshot/caption that goes with his letter is fricking hilarious!
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

My letter?

I have no clue what you guys are saying.. I never wrote a letter to a gaming magazine... and I have no clue what you guys up top are talking about... PPU and CPU (I know what CPU is)... getting owned?

Oh well, now I got to investigate. Thx for the info.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                  My letter?

I have no clue what you guys are saying.. I never wrote a letter to a gaming magazine... and I have no clue what you guys up top are talking about... PPU and CPU (I know what CPU is)... getting owned?

Oh well, now I got to investigate. Thx for the info.
                  Well P8triot, apparently thyne eyes did deceive you!
                  LoyalGuard

Comment

Damn...guess I look like an idiot, lol...

I thought many times, "I'm going to write them and tell them the truth", but never did...
                    Guess i finally did write in and forgot all about it... lol

Now to question his answer... don't the game have to be programmed for better AI, his claim that the card will help with the AI by freeing up resources don't make scenes, the AI as to be programmed.

Thx for pointing out my .1 sec of fame, lol. or de-fame.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Damn...guess I look like an idiot, lol...

I thought many times, "I'm going to write them and tell them the truth", but never did...

Now to question his answer... don't the game have to be programmed for better AI, his claim that the card will help with the AI by freeing up resources don't make scenes, the AI as to be programmed.

Thx for pointing out my .1 sec of fame, lol. or de-fame.
                      You are correct, AI doesn't just get better by freeing up CPU cycles. The AI code has to be written to take advantage of the extra CPU cycles.

Comment

I can post a scan (I have the magazine sitting next to me) but I dunno if it's legal. Anyone know?

And saying that AI has to be programmed to take advantage of the extra CPU cycles freed up by a PhysX card is true, but if you had an AI card you would ALSO have to program the AI. Either way you need more work to be done on the AI, and I'd much rather have that already in the game with the fancy physics being contigent on an expansion card than the physics being harcoded in and the AI only being available if I buy a new card.

Comment

I would've never known except you used your RL name in an article or two recently, LOL.. I also recognized that similar comments were made in the forums somewhere, presumably by you but I couldn't find them.

You're intelligence is intact.. just freeing up CPU ticks isn't going to make for better AI.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                            I can post a scan (I have the magazine sitting next to me) but I dunno if it's legal. Anyone know?
                            Even if it isn't, does it really matter?..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT
                              Even if it isn't, does it really matter?..
                              If illegal yes, But I don't think it is....or maybe crop and just show the arcticle alone.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X