Natural Selection creator enters Sudoku genre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Selection creator enters Sudoku genre

( I'd put this in the News forum if I could. )

Originally posted by [url=http://www.tacticalgamer.com/member.php?u=11342]Farenyth[/url]
    From the creator of Natural Selection, a very popular modification for Half-Life, comes Zen of Sudoku. I'm sure most of you are aware of what Sudoku is, but if not, go to Wikipedia!

Sudoku ( 数独, sūdoku ?), also known as Number Place, is a logic-based placement puzzle. The aim of the puzzle is to enter a numerical digit from 1 through 9 in each cell of a 9×9 grid made up of 3×3 subgrids (called "regions"), starting with various digits given in some cells (the "givens"); each row, column, and region must contain only one instance of each numeral.

Charlie Cleveland's game allows beginners to enter the game with a great tutorial and calming graphics; the first time I attempt a regular Sudoku puzzle, I could not figure how to work the thing. A bunch of features makes Sudoku less stressful with number marking, dupe checks, and such (though you can turn it off).

... You can download a free trial of the game, and if you do enjoy it, you can purchase it for $12.95. So, try a game of Sudoku if you want, and if you play regularly... well, then you have randomly generated Sudoku puzzles at your leisure.
    I'm not a Sudoku player, but who's to say I won't become one?

http://zenofsudoku.com
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Natural Selection creator enters Sudoku genre

I'll post it there. It's worthy, I think.

I'll ask about a press-type kit so I can put up some images and stuff. Don't want to leech or steal if I can avoid it. :)
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Nice, I rescently wrote my own Sudoku program. Nowhere near as cool as his but I love this game :D.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Sudoku is very addicting.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Polska
          Nice, I rescently wrote my own Sudoku program. Nowhere near as cool as his but I love this game :D.
          I haven't checked out his game, but with all the free Sudoku programs out there, I don't know that he's going to sell very many at $14 a pop.

But, like Wyz, I'm no Sudoku player... I'll have to ask my coworkers, who are nuts for this game lately.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            I haven't checked out his game, but with all the free Sudoku programs out there, I don't know that he's going to sell very many at $14 a pop.

But, like Wyz, I'm no Sudoku player... I'll have to ask my coworkers, who are nuts for this game lately.
            That's sort of like saying with all those free poker games out there, who's going to buy one? Plenty of people are casual gamers, and they want smooth graphics, intelligent and easy tutorials, and a good presentation all wrapped up into a nice package.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality

That's what I was thinking. Then again it is nicely presented, and maybe there are some pluses, I haven't looked into it. One plus I suppose is that it really does have a more "gamey" like feel to it compared to all the free sudoku games available I have come across.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X