Wolf Enemy Territory night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf Enemy Territory night

This probably should go to the FPS forums but I rather make sure everyone sees it. Since Quake Wars ET will be released this year I wanted to see how many TGer would be interested in a Wolf ET night.

Maybe this Saturday or next Saturday? The game is free so price isn't an issue.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Wolf Enemy Territory night

Its been so long since I played, I may give it a whirl again. I'll be a newbie all over again.

Comment

Runs on linux, so count me in. Never played it, so I guess I need my [noob] tag.

Comment

It's really a fun arcade--ish game, but you play through the campaign and its a blast. 64 player to, and you gain new abilities the longer you play, it doens't save when you leave the server though. Just while you play.

covert ops is a fun class you can disguise your self as the enemy until your noticed.

Comment

can you get us a link for downloads and what is required to play it
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

http://www.fileplanet.com/124800/120...ry-Client-v2.6

Win32 client

http://www.fileplanet.com/124801/120...60-%5BLinux%5D

Linux client

http://www.fileplanet.com/151560/150...5BMacintosh%5D

Mac client

The client is patched up fully and good to go.

To generate more interest once the gmae is over I will post a preview for this game.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

I remember having fun playing the game a few years ago. The leveling up thing was pretty fun and pretty frustrating.. Fun working your way up and having all the good stuff.. Frustrating when you got disconnected in the middle of your run and couldn't get back on!

You thinkin about just going on a pubraid?
              Battlefield Admin() ()
              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
              | for | |

Comment

^^^^I was thinking of getting the Spec events server loaded with ET. A pub raid works if we can't get the server though. I can't imagine us having a problem finding the 24-32 players we need to get a really good campaign going.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Return to Castle Wolfenstein Enemy Territory is a stand alone expansion to Return to Castle Wolfenstien. It was orginally going to be a full blown expansion pack but the SP portion of the game didn't pan out and Activision decided to release the MP portion of the game for free. (All Hail activision) The game is developed by Splash Damage (the team working on Quake Wars.)

The game is a multiplayer (thank you captain obvious) based in the scifi Wolfenstien WWII. It focuses on teamwork, objective based, and is class based. The game pits one Axis (germany) team and one allies (US) team in three map campaigns. There is a North Africa campaign and a Central Europe campaign each with as previously stated three maps. Other maps and campaigns exist because of the very active mapping/modding community. The North Africa maps are Swiss Oasis, Seawall Battery, and Gold Rush. The Central Europe maps are Wurzburg Radar, Rail Gun, and Fuel Dump. Each map contains multiple objectives that need to be completed in order to win the map.

The game features five different classes. The medic, soldier, engineer, field ops, and covert ops. Each one have unique disadvantages and advantages.

The medic is well a medic. Armed with a Tommy gun or an MP40 (if you are Axis) they get only one extra clip but a Field ops can fix that. They are also armed with a Colt .45 or Luger, one hand grenade, and a knife. They auto heal making them very useful in a firefight and also can drop med packs and can use their syringe to revive fallen teammates.

Medic EXP upgrades
                  First Aid Level 1: Medic Ammo
                  Medics receive an extra ammunition clip and grenade with their basic weapon load-out.

First Aid Level 2: Improved Resources
                  2 syringes extra max ammo, 2 extra on spawn plus Medic pack only takes 15% Power Bar instead of 25%

First Aid Level 3: Full Revive
                  Syringes now return fallen team-mates to full health.

First Aid Level 4: Adrenaline Self
                  To equip the adrenalin shot press the Special Weapon 1 key (5 by default) twice and then press the primary fire key to inject the Adrenaline syringe. Doing so will impart a temporary bonus in Health and Stamina. For 10 seconds you will only suffer half damage from any attack and your Stamina Bar will not decrease at all, even if you are sprinting. This will give you the ability to rush into and out of strongly defended areas which may prove of critical tactical importance.

(Will add more when the game is over.)
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Ok, I'm in line to download. Can you put up a post when the TG event server is ready?

Comment

If i remember correctly the event server is SMs only....am i right?
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

^^^^I think we can find 24-32 SMs to join us.
                        (More ET)

The field ops is the only source of ammo on a map. (Other then dropped weapons.) The field ops is one of two classes that start off with binoculars. Field Ops not only give out ammo but also call in mortar strikes and air strikes. The field ops is armed with a knife, a tommy gun or Mp40, a lugar or 45, and smoke grenades. The smoke grenades are mainly for marking your airstrike targets and your binoculars are for calling in arty.

Field Ops EXP upgrades

Signals Level 1: Improved Resources Your proven logistical efficiency is rewarded by access to Improved Resources. Every Ammo Pack you distribute will contain an extra magazine clip and issuing the Ammo Pack will only deplete your Power Bar by 15% instead of 25%.

Signals Level 2: Improved SignalsYour experience as a fire support observer gains you improved efficiency. Calling in an Artillery or Air Strike uses up only 2/3 of your Power Bar, allowing you to call in fire support more frequently than before.

Signals Level 3: Improved Air and Ground Support Your expertise in identifying key enemy targets is rewarded by diverting more fire support resources to your designated targets. Each Air Strike now has two aircraft incoming and each Artillery Strike lasts twice as long.

Signals Level 4: Enemy RecognitionYour observational skill and battlefield experience now means that you can identify disguised enemy Covert Ops. Placing your cross-hairs over an Enemy infiltrator will result in a Disguised Enemy prompt and their location will be highlighted on your team's Command Map.

The engineer is your main builder. He is armed with a knife, a MP40, Tommy gun, M1 Garand with a grenade launcher, or a K43 with a nade launcher, dynamite (to destroy objectives) and plyiers. He is the only class that can build objectives, repair viechles, and fix/set up MG nests. The engineer also carries mines and can defuse enemy mines.

Engineer EXP upgrades
                        Engineering Level 1: Improved use of Explosive Ammunition
                        Inventory includes four extra Rifle Grenade rounds and four extra Hand Grenades.

Engineering Level 2: Improved Dexterity
                        The experience of handling explosives in combat allows Engineers to arm and defuse Land Mines and Dynamite in half the time.

Engineering Level 3: Improved Construction and Destruction
                        The expertise of the veteran Engineer means that constructing and repairing objects and setting Dynamite or Land Mines uses 1/3rd less Power Bar charge than normal.

Engineering Level 4: Issued Flak Jacket
                        Only the most expert Engineers who have proven their ability to survive on the battlefield are issued with these expensive Flak Jackets which provides the player with 50% damage deflection from explosive weapons.
                        Last edited by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom; 06-24-2006, 04:32 PM.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I've gotten it installed, so I'll be ready when the server goes up.

Comment

Oooo! If non-supporting members can get in on this I'll most definitely play. Heck, I might just have to break down and become a supporting member...

I used to love this game but in my opinion pub servers really have nothing in common with the way I imagine TGers would want to play.

Anyone who has experience with Battlefield 2 will find the games similar in some ways. There's even an interview where a Battlefield 2 dev or PR guy (it's not clear which) admitted to ripping the revive feature from Enemy Territory. Do a google search for "BF2142.se previews BF2142" if you'd like to see that, I can't link things yet.

So next Saturday then?

Comment

etmin is another useful file, to minimize ET while playing - download = http://returntocastlewolfenstein.fil...inimizer;21025

*I just played a 5min session to get back into the feel for the game, I'm almost lost, I forget how fast it is. My twitch isn't there, going to have to re-train. I even forget the nickname cmd in console and the fov command.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X