Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ship

http://www.theshiponline.com/

The Ship was introduced first to the HL engine a few months after CS was released, if memory serves. It's not being released to Source, but you must pay to play it. It's intriguing I must admit, but is it worth the money?

Should TG be at all interested, concidering it's lack of ... strategic teamplay?

Although I don't see much of a teamwork environment here, I'm sure that there will be different forms of the game created, since the game is built for MP only. (IE: NS has ns_ and co_ or combat.)
    Will the game be released with a different "gameplay" option other than to just kill a person on a ship?

I didn't read into the game, I was just stealing the link from the Steam Update.

So, what's the people say?

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: The Ship

sounds like a pretty neat concept, will I just be able to purchase the game without needing any type of HL or valve/steam applications? because Im very interested, hope the graphics expectations arent that high
    "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

We were talking about this on the TG IRC channel just the other day. I think I'll be buying this game.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Looks great. I'll be picking this up.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
        |TG-2nd|munchkin
        Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
          I didn't read into the game, I was just stealing the link from the Steam Update.
          Read into it. Most of your questions are answered on the site.

While I think that the game itself is pretty novel, and stands to be a lot of fun, I don't think it's something TG can support, at least not officially.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

it's like clue but on a much more deadly scale. Sounds like fun i think i'll get it.

- -

Comment

It was pretty dumb two years ago when I played it. It honestly doesn't look any better now.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                It was pretty dumb two years ago when I played it. It honestly doesn't look any better now.
                What exactly makes a game "pretty dumb"? The concept is certainly intriguing. The game engine is the best there is right now. The models look interesting and unique. What about it turned you off?
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                  What exactly makes a game "pretty dumb"? The concept is certainly intriguing. The game engine is the best there is right now. The models look interesting and unique. What about it turned you off?
                  The gameplay itself was very repetitive and not that interesting. The concept sounded really neat when I first heard it, but the execution of the gameplay itself left a lot to be desired. The graphics and models may look pretty with the new version of the game, but unless they did something about the gameplay itself, I'm not going to get myself too excited.

It would have been fun if it wasn't for the 5 minute round mentality. It would have been better with much longer rounds.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

This is probably novel enough for me to try it out.. we'll see. I wouldn't expect to find it here though.
                    sigpic

Comment

There seems to be more than one mode. Elimination mode lasts until there is only one hunter left.
                      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

It was way too easy to act like a deathmatcher in the game. Everyone could always tell if you're a person or NPC, so there was no point in acting or sneaking around, you just ran. "Hello" "Hello" "Hello".... that's my guy, drop a wallet (satchel charge), blow it, kill 3 innocents, make a profit. You could camp the hospital and throw grenades at the doctor when your guy came in, once he was stuck talking to the doc he couldn't move. Ultimately it was like DM where targets and liabilities looked the same.
                        -- Shroom
                        I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Comment

For all the problems the original had...this game has given me some of the best gaming experiences of my life...with good friends this game is a crazy videogame version of "Clue".

The real trick is to use teamspeak and talk about who you are planning on killing on this fine cruise, since no one knows your characters name except you. What you do learn is which TG guy is targeting you...hilarity ensues as you discover who is who and you realize it is time to start chasing Amanda R. Livingston (Shroompicker) with your poison syringe.

Then there are the diplomatic dance moments of trying to balance the fact that your character LITERALLY has to go to the bathroom, eat, and have fun (or else you die...even of fun-loss).

And when you quickly realize you need to go to that bathroom over there...you notice Arnold P. Strongweather (secretly Wyzcrak, sent to kill you: Joseph L. Wellington) coming out of it, and you just don't know if he has left you an explosive surprise in the toilet...and I don't mean a floater. Fortunately for you, Amanda R. Livingston (Shroompicker) guns down Arnold P. Strongweather (Wyzcrak) with a pistol from the upstairs balcony. Thinking fast, you maneuver yourself to the nearby hallway and lie in wait with your umbrella...Amanda (Shroom) races down the stairs to look for you, but you jump out and clobber her (him?) to death with an umbrella. Unfortunately for you, you are caught in the act by a passenger and placed in the brig for a minute, and the entire crew learns about it. So when you get out of the brig and walk out the door onto the deck...you hear a strange clink...look down...see a hand grenade at your feet...and just start laughing as Charles M. Townshend (Tempest) blows you off the ship and is declared the winner.

I think this game needs to be seen in a more positive, and humorous, light. You cannot get more of a laid back game to play when you want to cool down and have a few hilarious moments. With the right people, of course.

-Zephyr
                          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                          We are not a single game.
                          We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                          We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

oh wow this definately sounds like something worth purchasing

Comment

Yep, I saw a post about it going live on Blue's News this evening and it sounded unique enough I thought I would give it a try. Downloading now...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X