Another free Army game...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another free Army game...

Friend of mine, over at SimHQ...clued me in on this, downloading now... (700 mb's.)

He found out about this in the VBS1 forum at Bohemia Interactive Australia. it is a free game from the U.S. Army named Future Force Company Commander. it is supposed to be a real-time tactical strategy game using future combat systems.

it looks like there are only 4 missions. I don't know if it will amount to anything, but I thought others here might be interested in it!

download page: http://www.army.mil/fcs/f2c2/index.html
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Another free Army game...

The intro video is incredible... I only got 5 minutes to look at the game so don't know how it plays out... but heres a few screens from the get go... will test and report later, got to go to bed before work in 3 hrs lol:

The Tutorial...

The briefing:

Two parts, planning then excution... heres planning:

Excution... but didn't have time to see how battle plays out...
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

How's it play out?

Comment

looks very interesting
        XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

I downloaded and played it. It's a rather interesting little game. Basically you get a video that explains your timeframe and objectives for a mission, then you plan your attack (using those topographical maps in magnum's pics) and execute them. Units are all represented by little circles on your map that move as they move. as enemies/Noncom's show up in the sights of your units they show up on the map in real time, and you can set options to see through a camera mounted on an individual unit to see exactly what he sees. It's basically an RTS with no 3d models, and plays out like you would expect a theoretical wargame on a sandbox map would.

If that makes any sense or helps at all. I found it a rather fun little jaunt, and only had one time where the game froze.
          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Hmm, looks pretty cool.

Might have to check it out.

I'm a tactical fanatic!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse