Happy birthday PCS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthday PCS!

Five years ago today, a post in alt.games.half-life.counterstrike differed from the usual flamings and noob bashing. Paul Larkin vented his view and frustration on the CS community in general and got the ball rolling towards what would eventually become PCS. A small, barely noticed ripple in the vast sea of counterstrike, but for a select few the reason we still play this game today.

Know your history

Btw, is it creepy that the thread has got 42 posts?

Re: Happy birthday PCS!

Apophis - thanks for giving us a place to play CS in a far more enjoyable way than any pub server.

Happy birthday, PCS!
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Bravo.

Here's to figuring out what you like and building around it.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

So thats how it all began. Great stuff. Long live PCS!

Comment

Thank You! to all who made this possible!!

and thank you for creating a style of play that made this game more enjoyable for me then it ever was!

+MaxRep Apophis
          Dizlor

Comment

Wow... thanks for a trip down Memory Lane.... Back then I was known as Dread.. and you can see my post to Paul...

Well I did check out his server and Paul and friends had many wonderful games on CS... Sniping was my game back then and it still is today... I was a lot better in CS than I am now.. age or game.. I'm not sure.. anyway...

Paul.. here's to you man... You've been a friend and we don't talk as much as we use to... I do miss that a bunch. Happy birthday to PCS brother.. and let Tactical Gamer reign forever...

Vsevo khoroshogo,
            Patrick

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...