Thoughts on Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest

I saw this movie Saturday night. I strongly recommend to go see this one in the theaters. This one is worth it to see in the theater. Its awesome.
    XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Re: Thoughts on Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest

Moreso than the first (which had some of this), I thought some of the action scenes were bordering on hokey, but that kind of stuff is great for the kids, and I don't know for sure that I'm above enjoying it as an adult. And, again, it's the kind of stuff kids eat up.

I went with my 14-year-old sister-in-law. We both loved it. Great fun.

Something I didn't expect: they do a really good job of making you look forward to the third movie. That's fun.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Yeah, I saw it this evening, too.

It wasn't nearly as good as the first one, and I thought parts of it dragged (the sword fight on the beach), but, overall, a good flick.

I did NOT like the lack of conclusion to this film. It was like I saw half of a movie. And 2.5 hours is a long time to only see half a movie!
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I didn't like the first one with the exception that Depp was great. He carried it.

My opinion of the second is the same, except this one seemed to go a little too long.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
          ....I did NOT like the lack of conclusion to this film. It was like I saw half of a movie. And 2.5 hours is a long time to only see half a movie!
          LOL, cause the next sequel with start filming next month!

It gross 132 million for the opening weekend (better than spiderman, btw), that saids a lot.
          Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

I knew there was no ending, so I wasn't too disappointed when the credits rolled. Especially since there's a little reward to the ending. Reminded me of the end of Empire Strikes Back, actually. Second of three.

Overall, there were parts that seemed a little rushed and off-pace, and the story moved by fits and starts rather than the steady drumbeat of the first. But overall it was pretty good.
            In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

I thought it did well at setting up the third film. I imagine the third one will be a pleasure to watch.

Sooooo... who saw the bit after the credits?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketPunch
                LOL, cause the next sequel with start filming next month!

It gross 132 million for the opening weekend (better than spiderman, btw), that saids a lot.
                The third is already in the "can."

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...g/14968086.htm

Gore V. and the crew shot the two sequels (Dead Man's Chest, and PoC 3) at the same time, like they did for Lord of the Rings.

That's why the film is open ended. The third installment is ready to go.

Comment

I want to go see it. It sounds like fun.

A couple that my wife and I know celebrated their honeymoon on some island in the Caribbean. The next island over they said you could see them filming the 2 movies. They said it was pretty cool.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

I saw it sat. night and have mixed feelings about the movie. My expectations were a little high considering I enjoyed the first thoroughly, and I was a bit disappointed in this sequel. I thought Johnny Depp did a good job, but he did a great job in the first movie. It seemed like he was overacting the role of Jack Sparrow, I can't really explain it, but he just didn't seem natural like he did in the first. The fight scenes were fun if not cheesy IMHO. I'd recommend it to anyone, but if you REALLY liked the first one, you might be a bit disappointed. And yeah it's long.
                    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Saw it tonight. Deffinantly got that half of a movie feeling. I put the full blame on the last scene at the hut (trying very hard to not spoil). It was anticlimatic, and really only there as a teaser for the third movie. It's something that would've worked better at the end of the credits. If they had ended with the events on the pearl it would have felt like more of 1 movie in a trilogy than half a movie.

Movie was funny, but not as funny as the first, mostly because there are only so many jokes, and the novelty of seeing some of the jokes replayed in different ways wears off fast. Some of it dragged, and the movie was deffinantly long. I also agree with the sentiment about Jack Sparrow. However, I don't believe the fault lies with Depp. Nor do I believe it to be a fault. If you think about what's going on with Jack during the entire movie; ****WARNING, MINOR SPOILER, SKIP TO NEXT PARAGRAPH IF THAT BOTHERS YOU**** Jack can't make the compass work because jack doesn't know what he wants, jack sparrow must find his place in the new world or perrish sentiment, etc. The entire movie for jack is about jack being at odds with the jack from the first movie and the "good person/good friend think about others" person he becomes towards the end of the film. He doesn't come off as "good" as he did in the last film because as a character he's at odds with what made him "good" if that makes any sense at all. In order for depp to be as "good" as the first movie, Jack Sparrow would need to have no character development.

I will watch the third in theatres, which I couldn't bring myself to do after watching matrix 2. I do give them credit for thinking out the story, and linking it together well insofar as foreshadowing and other things you usually only hear when talking about books ;) And there are several bits for you to "catch" if you watch closesly.
                      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I enjoyed the movie a lot. It was just a fun movie to watch, I fiqured the ending would let you hang because the third movie is being released next summer so I wasn't really disappointed.

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        Sooooo... who saw the bit after the credits?
                        No, I didn't have time to stick around. What happened after the credits?

Comment

The scene after the credits is a 10-second, no-dialog nothing which shows the dog sitting in the tribe's throne chair. Just seemed like a cute nothing. If it foreshadows even the simplest anything in the third movie, it'll just be icing on the cake. I might not have caught it if my sister-in-law hadn't told me, as the second movie's credits began to roll, about the bit after the first movie's credits (the details of which escape memory at the moment).

I watch credits (in theaters) out of respect for those individuals who created what I just watched, but I often leave once the corporate logos hit, so I might have missed it without her advisement.

Spyder, I like your comments. Like I said, while I enjoyed the second movie, it definitely wasn't the glory of the first, but I really get this nagging feeling that I'm going to be very satisfied with its role in the trilogy, once I've seen it in completion.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                            ...but I really get this nagging feeling that I'm going to be very satisfied with its role in the trilogy, once I've seen it in completion.
                            I feel the same way.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Gore V. and the crew shot the two sequels (Dead Man's Chest, and PoC 3) at the same time, like they did for Lord of the Rings.

That's why the film is open ended. The third installment is ready to go.
                              Yeah I've noticed that pattern in a lot of trilogies. It probably makes more sense for most productions so the actors don't age even more, and they can move on with other projects.

You don't want it to be like the Terminator trilogy where you have a certain geriatric cyborg governer man hunting a supermodel fembot.
                              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X