• Show
Clear All

• Do you lock your doors?

just curious
    Home: All Doors Locked even while at home
    18.25%
    Home: ALWAYS lock doors before bed/going out
    22.37%
    Home: Usually lock doors, but sometimes don't (won't get out of bed if forgot to lock them)
    7.20%
    Home: Only lock doors when leaving for a few days
    6.17%
    Car: ALWAYS locked and alarm activated
    16.71%
    Car: ALWAYS locked
    13.37%
    Car: Locked when out, Unlocked at home
    9.00%
    Car: usually unlocked
    4.88%
    Car: unlocked, keys in it
    2.06%

Re: Do you lock your doors?

Growing up at my folks place we never did, and they still don't unless they leave for weeks at a time.

I lockup my place, but if I lived in their town (which is only 30 mins away) I probably wouldn't.

Comment

Minimal crime in my area but I still lock my doors at night. I used to leave my car's doors unlocked all the time until my brother got a laptop stolen from his car in a Best Buy parking lot. I guess I have no faith in humanity anymore. :(
      |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

In my home my doors are always unlocked unless the house is empty.

In my car, my doors are always locked and alarm activated when I'm out. But when I'm home I tend to only lock the doors (and in the summer roll up the windows) and turn on the alarm when I'm done with it for the day. On weekends when I'm in and out, half the time I leave my windows down and keys in the car. I also live in the woods, so it's not like anyone will walk by and notice.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I used to not lock anything giving humanity the benefit of the doubt. However, after a stolen bike and 2 10" infinity's and 500w amp. getting ganked, I lock anything I can. Of course I've relocated since then, but I'm still cautious.
          |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
          [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

My current neighborhood is very safe, AFAIK. However, my apartment has a shared entrance, so I leave it locked out of common courtesy. My GF, on the other hand, lives in section 8 housing (with a history of petty theft in the area) while she attends grad school. All doors to all things locked at all times. There's really no reason not to.

When it comes down to it, though, a determined and half-way knowledgable theif can get away with just about whatever he wants if you leave your car or property unattended. Locks and alarms are just there to prevent crimes of convenience.
            In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

Doors locked after sunset, car always locked + alarm. I live in the city and break ins aren't unheard of so I'm very diligent.
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I keep everything locked, multiple alarm systems running, booby traps armed, and a savage starving crocodile in a random room in the house at all times.

There are some questions that I just won't answer openly in a public forum. ;)
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                  There are some questions that I just won't answer openly in a public forum. ;)
                  <shakes fist at sky>

Comment

I have too much expensive stuff to not lose.
                    XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

I always lock my doors. It keeps my kids from getting out :)
                      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I drive a soft-top jeep wrangler. I always leave the doors unlocked. I'd rather someone open the door and take something than to cut the windows and take something. I just know not to leave anything in the vehicle.
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                          I drive a soft-top jeep wrangler. I always leave the doors unlocked. I'd rather someone open the door and take something than to cut the windows and take something. I just know not to leave anything in the vehicle.
                          My girlfriend used to drive a Mustang convertible and some jerk cut a hole in her top trying to get in. Luckily it was covered by insurance, but still a major pain to fix.
                          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I have lived in 2 different places in the past 2 years and am now on my 3rd place. The first place (Philadelphia Suburbs/Main Line)I lived I locked the door, mostly because my roommates wanted to rather than crime rate. Last year I never locked the door to the apartment and it was just a 5 minute walk from my old place. Now at my new place (Pensacola, FL) I pretty much lock the door when I go out for an extended period of time and almost never lock it when I go to bed.

I always lock my car doors even if I leave the windows down.

Comment

Doors are locked all the time, windows get shut even if we go the 30 feet across the road to the local shop. There's a space on the wall for the gun rack and kevlar, just in case we ever get sensible laws here. I live in the most violent town in the UK, so we're saving up for bulletproof windows.

BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X