Metal Storm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Storm

Disclaimer: I hope no one has posted this yet, and I am sorry for reposting it if someone did.

Well, I am sure most of you know about the gun that shoots 1,000,000 rounds per minute, but have you seen it in action???
    It is called the Meatl Sotrm, and -->HERE<-- is the video of the gun blasting away.

enjoy...

Re: Metal Storm

Awesome. I like how the google vid link says it fires 100 billion RPM. ;) Still, to fire 5 rounds per barrel at such a short ammount of time is impressive.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I remember reading about this kind of firearm before. The bullets are caseless and sit in the barrel stacked while an electric discharge causes each round to fire.

This is why the cyclic rate is so variable. There are pretty much no moving parts at all in the weapon

did a google search....http://www.metalstorm.com/

Comment

Yeah, Metal Storm has been around for several years. They've been pushing it in a whole variety of applications for a LONG time. I'm not aware of anyone actually using it though.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Must be a right pain to reload. Ive got visions of some poor bloke with a pack of cartridges and a long stick muzzle loading it like some napoleonic cannon.

Comment

They have one that launches grenades too.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyTwoHand
              Must be a right pain to reload. Ive got visions of some poor bloke with a pack of cartridges and a long stick muzzle loading it like some napoleonic cannon.
              If I recall correctly (and this is going back a couple years at least), the barrels are more or less disposable. Rather than buying conventional cartridges for a weapon, you buy the whole barrel with the rounds included.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie
                They have one that launches grenades too.
                That's the one that I've seen. I bet they can make a pretty big hole. :madsmile:
                AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Very strange weapon, im sure you probably couldn't get those kind of speeds or variable control with a mechanical weapon.

Comment

While its nowhere near the cyclic rate of the metal storm, my paintball gun has an adjustable rate of fire from 1 round/ second all the way up to 20 rps.

the firing mechanism is controlled by a solenoid which is powered by a 9 volt battery.
                    i wouldnt want to have my life depend on the charge in a battery so i can see why this has never made it into real weapons.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X