Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree/Disagree: Mark Rein Intel is killing PC gaming

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/12/ep...ing-pc-gaming/
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Agree/Disagree: Mark Rein Intel is killing PC gaming

He's off his rocker....

Comment

Interesting topic.

Let's imagine Intel didn't put integrated graphics on their boards. What would take their place? Wouldn't ATI and nVidia release sub-$50 graphics cards (maybe they already have??) capable of running WinXP decently but nothing else? So then ATI and nVidia would be harming PC gaming?

If you're going to point the finger like this, it should be at Mircrosoft - but fortunately MS will be rectifying it's end of the problem soon (Vista). With the high graphics requirements for the Aero interface, people will be assured the ability to run even modern games if their PC is up to Aero specs. Or so that's how I understand it.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I Disagree. It's true Intel has a large percent of the graphics market. Many comsumers don't know that Intel onboard graphics wont play todays games, but any Gamer would. People with the Intel graphic cards probably still buy the games just to find out they need to upgrade. EDIT: So no I dont think lame Intel extreme gpu's are to blame for a decline in PC game sales if there is even a decline.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

^^^^There isn't a decline actaully. Latest NPD reports now include online sales and its actaully a very healthy market. (Growing although slowly)

B&M sales are on the decline though. MS wants to fix that by buying shelf space among other things. (Part of it's "Games for Windows" drive)
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Sorry to go off topic, but ZZT!, Jill Of The Jungle! What classics :)
            Steam Community: | |

Comment

Unispired, me-too, bug laden games are killing PC gaming.

What's the saying: a poor musician blames his instrument?

Comment

Originally posted by Mateo

That's true.
                XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

If intel was the only company building a reliable and good CPU then I may agree. But the 2 AMD systems I have owned have been MUCH better than my 4 Intel systems. So I gotta Disagree.

Comment

^^^^^^He was refering to them owning the graphics market and how their integrated graphics parts are well cannon fodder.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Greflin
                      If intel was the only company building a reliable and good CPU then I may agree. But the 2 AMD systems I have owned have been MUCH better than my 4 Intel systems. So I gotta Disagree.
                      I have had some bad experiences with AMD processors, not quite stable.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcat2000
                        I have had some bad experiences with AMD processors, not quite stable.
                        Please explain how you determined that your CPU was "not quite stable".
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Thats just bad luck I think. My AMD runs cool and fast, and have had it hang up once. Was just doing too much at once not the cpu's fault. What issues were you having and with what proc? Was it pre athlon?

Comment

Originally posted by Mateo

:icon14:

Maybe most of the general public can deal with the motherboard built-in graphics, but I sure don't expect that to cover most of my gaming needs. It would be nice if kick-ass graphics were built into motherboards, but it's not cost effective considering the market for PC. Heck, the simple built-in graphics makes a nice backup for your PC if your graphics card dies. Also, the cost difference for a graphics mobo and non-graphics mobo is minor, IMO.

Hasn't it always been the case that people should research their product purchases before they buy? In my experience, gamers do indeed pay attention to this stuff.

Although, it would be nice if we didn't have to fork over $300 - $500 every few years for a video card. That's what I do since I get a new PC every few years. I do my part to keep the economy going. :row__523:

Perhaps the need to replace the PC every few years is also the case of the poor musician... thinking using a new instrument will make him better... e.g., requiring faster H/W for better eye candy; no imagination, just prettier pictures.

Comment

Athlon XP, AMD do not do multi task as well as a Pentium 4. I multitask alot on my computer.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X