Wort Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Pre-Boil Amounts
    ----------------

Evaporation Rate: 15.00 Percent Per Hour
    Pre-Boil Wort Size: 2.00 Gal
    Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.217 SG 47.25 Plato

Formulas Used
    -------------

Brewhouse Efficiency and Predicted Gravity based on Method #1, Potential Used.
    Final Gravity Calculation Based on Points.
    Hard Value of Sucrose applied. Value for recipe: 46.2100 ppppg
    Yield Type used in Gravity Prediction: Fine Grind Dry Basis.

Color Formula Used: Morey
    Hop IBU Formula Used: Tinseth
    Tinseth Concentration Factor: 1.50

Additional Utilization Used For Plug Hops: 2 %
    Additional Utilization Used For Pellet Hops: 10 %

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Extract SRM
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    53.8 7.00 lbs. Generic LME - Light Generic 1.049 7
    23.1 3.00 lbs. Generic DME - Light Generic 1.028 8
    23.1 3.00 lbs. Crystal 60L America 1.006 60

Exract represented as SG.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.00 oz. Chinook Pellet 10.00 36.3 60 min.
    1.00 oz. Fuggle Pellet 5.50 9.9 15 min.
    1.00 oz. Fuggle Pellet 5.50 1.7 2 min.

Yeast
    -----

WYeast 1028 London Ale

I wasn't sure how much you knew about homebrewing so I put some intructions in. If you don't need the instructions, but just some good recipes let me know. I'll post faster. I use a 12qt stock pot. Your mileage may vary. Put 2 gallons of water in a pot and put your 3 lbs of Crystal grain in a grain bag and soak it in the water. Heat it up to 150 degrees F. Hold it there for 30 minutes. Take the grain bag out and begin to boil the wort <the dark water looking stuff>. Once it begins to boil, carefully add the liquid malt extract and the dry malt extract to the mixture. Stir it in well. Add the full 1 oz of chinook hops and start your clock. Watch out for boil-overs! After 45 minutes put in 1oz of Fuggle hops. You may also add in 1 tspoon of irish moss. I use irish moss in everything even if it doesn't need to be a clear beer. At 57 minutes since you started your clock, put in the last Fuggle hops and let it go for 2 more minutes. I put 2 gallons of cold water in my bucket along with 7 lbs of ice. I dump my wort in while aerating as much as possible. I fill the wort up the rest of the way to 5 gallons. Once it hits 70 degrees, usually pretty quickly, 5 minutes or so, I add my yeast, stirring in very well. Put a lid on it with your airlock. It will start fermenting usually in about 8 hrs. If it doesn't, give it up to 15-20 hrs before you start worrying. After 20 hours, you may want to consider adding in another bottle of yeast. Up to you. Should take 3-5 days to ferment. Let it sit another week to condition and put it in your bottles after you have primed it with some kind of sugar for carbonation. If you have questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]. Don't remove the spam from the email.

Re: Strong Scottish Ale Homebrew Extract Recipe

Me and my flatmates have tied some home brewing but we didn't do anything nearly as complicated as that. We just bought a kit which had a syrupy stuff in it and yeast, then added sugar and water then waited a week or two. It was pretty weak and not that nice, but we hope to do a bit better with the timings, teamperature and measurements next time.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
      Me and my flatmates have tied some home brewing but we didn't do anything nearly as complicated as that. We just bought a kit which had a syrupy stuff in it and yeast, then added sugar and water then waited a week or two. It was pretty weak and not that nice, but we hope to do a bit better with the timings, teamperature and measurements next time.
      There are 2 different kinds of kits. There is one that gives you ingredients like I mentioned for you to brew a specific beer and then there are kits that have done most everything for you but heating up the syrup and adding water... I didn't care for the second type at all.

Extract brewing isn't nearly as difficult as grain brewing though. Anybody can follow my recipe and make a pretty good ale...

Comment

excelent i am ordering in a bucket large enough and some sealing bottles... i may even make some as christmas preasents as you suggested before... be nice to have my own beer with the turkey... thx mate.. ill give that a go and then if its a sucess ill ask for a few recipies.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
          excelent i am ordering in a bucket large enough and some sealing bottles... i may even make some as christmas preasents as you suggested before... be nice to have my own beer with the turkey... thx mate.. ill give that a go and then if its a sucess ill ask for a few recipies.
          I can always give you a tasty cranberry ale for the turkey :)

I've got dozens...

www.beertools.com is a good place to go for recipes. You do have to watch out though. Some of the recipes there make no sense and I don't think would taste really good. It helps once you've done a few, to know what is going to taste like what..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X