Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got home from surgery. I'm sorry to say that yes, I'm fine.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got home from surgery. I'm sorry to say that yes, I'm fine.

Cause I know that will depress Root tremendously...

Since I'm jacked up on codine and can't sleep, I feel that I'll write a post about what I went through in my surgery today.

My surgery was a new-tech tonsillectomy.

Now you may wonder, if you're 18 and still haven't gotten your tonsils out why even bother with the procedure?

This is why.

So yeah, these have caused me considerable suffering for quite some time as you may imagine. So what I had done today at NewYork-Presbyterian was the following:

---
    Powered intracapsular tonsillectomy

In this technique, the surgeon uses the microdebrider to precisely remove 90-95% of the tonsils. A thin layer of tonsil tissue is deliberately left intact as a protective shield for the delicate throat muscles, which helps reduce postoperative pain and recovery time.
    ---

The hospital experience was really nice, I guess because it's #7 in the nation, and I have to say I really experienced no pain and it was overall a very pleasant experience for my first surgical experience.

As you may imagine, I will not be talking for the next couple of days. I know you will suffer greatly without my persistant commentary and ill-fated strategic planning, but that is a misfortune I simply have no choice but to place upon you. In other news, my sarcastic comments are up 300% today.

It is good to be home...and it is nice to have you guys around to keep me occupied while I try to return to normal.

-Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Re: Just got home from surgery. I'm sorry to say that yes, I'm fine.

Dang, those were some honking big tonsils!

My kid just got his carved out the old fashioned way two weeks ago...

Hopefully your parents are letting you eat all the ice cream, sherbet and Popsicles that you want, too!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Ouch man, but nice teeth.

Comment

I found out after my surgery that they had grown down into my throat...they were actually twice the size of what you see there...

Jeez...I had no idea how much I needed this...
        -Zephyr
        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

We are no clan.

Comment

eating ice cream not such a good idea, it would hurt to cough.

That's an ouch surgery.
          XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Originally posted by wildcat2000
            eating ice cream not such a good idea, it would hurt to cough.
            Huh? Ice cream makes you cough?
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I had mine out in the second grade. I was talking and doing fine just a few hours after surgery.

And yea, I was told all the sherbet that I wanted, but no ice cream as it leaves a coating one your throat and could cause irritation/coughing/throat clearing.
              [squadl]
              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                I had mine out in the second grade. I was talking and doing fine just a few hours after surgery.

And yea, I was told all the sherbet that I wanted, but no ice cream as it leaves a coating one your throat and could cause irritation/coughing/throat clearing.
                SmokingTarpan is smarter than my parents...

Oh well, should have figured that already...

*coughs painfully*
                -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

I always suspected you had a big pair, Zephyr ;)

Glad to hear it all went well. Depending on how long you're unable to talk will affect whether or not we miss your dulcet tones.

Oh - make sure your parents are serving jelly with your ice cream!
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
                    Cause I know that will depress Root tremendously...

Since I'm jacked up on codine and can't sleep, I feel that I'll write a post about what I went through in my surgery today.

My surgery was a new-tech tonsillectomy.

Now you may wonder, if you're 18 and still haven't gotten your tonsils out why even bother with the procedure?

This is why.

So yeah, these have caused me considerable suffering for quite some time as you may imagine. So what I had done today at NewYork-Presbyterian was the following:

---
                    Powered intracapsular tonsillectomy

In this technique, the surgeon uses the microdebrider to precisely remove 90-95% of the tonsils. A thin layer of tonsil tissue is deliberately left intact as a protective shield for the delicate throat muscles, which helps reduce postoperative pain and recovery time.
                    ---

The hospital experience was really nice, I guess because it's #7 in the nation, and I have to say I really experienced no pain and it was overall a very pleasant experience for my first surgical experience.

As you may imagine, I will not be talking for the next couple of days. I know you will suffer greatly without my persistant commentary and ill-fated strategic planning, but that is a misfortune I simply have no choice but to place upon you. In other news, my sarcastic comments are up 300% today.

It is good to be home...and it is nice to have you guys around to keep me occupied while I try to return to normal.

-Zephyr
                    Zephyr,

You're not going to beleive this, but my two year old had his tonsils and adenoids out this morning as well. I feel your pain, man. He's doing 'ok' but we may have to take him to the ER for an IV drip as he's refusing to take fluids including his medication. So make sure you drink your fluids Zeph.

RW
                    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

lol Rince. That is def. a big pair. I don't think I've seen anything like that before. Hope you get better!!
                      |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                      [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                        That's an old wive's tale. Milk/cream/dairy products don't produce any more phlegm or irritation than any other liquid. It's just more visible when it's white, instead of being clear.
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          That's an old wive's tale. Milk/cream/dairy products don't produce any more phlegm or irritation than any other liquid. It's just more visible when it's white, instead of being clear.
                          I heard the same thing on NPR, so it must be true.
                          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Actualy it is correct. Milk products increase the thickness of the phlegm. I get fairly common sinus infections, and have some issues with the ammount of phlegm my body makes and how thick. Doc said to avoid dairy when it's bad.

Comment

Well, I'll be damned.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X