Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New game recognizes camouflage!!

:icon3:

One of the worst things in games such as Ghost Recon is that the enemy AI are not affected by what type of camouflage you select for your soldiers. You can hide just as well in a bright orange jumpsuit as you can in a ghille suit.

The next generation of games offer us some hope...

Check out IGN's preview of the upcoming PS2 title Metal gear Solid 3: Snake-Eater.

Click here to read

By playing with all the possible camo types on all of the possible environments, the producers of this game came up with a camo index based on what camo you choose for a particular environment. That camo value is then assigned to you as a percent and affects the enemy AI from spotting you accordingly...

A VERY cool idea to add realism to our games...

Re: New game recognizes camouflage!!

We've come a long way since the days of Doom and the super-psychic monsters that always knew where you were once they spotted you, no matter how far you ran away and well you hid.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
      We've come a long way since the days of Doom and the super-psychic monsters that always knew where you were once they spotted you, no matter how far you ran away and well you hid.
      lol. memories....

But I used to use this to my advantage sometimes: I would alert a room full of monsters, then run back unto some long narow hallway, wait for them to come, then hold the fire button down.... Let the bodies hit the floor.

good times. but this hardly made up for the times that I got pwnd by a monster because of this, tho. :icon12:
      --
      CaveDog
      "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
        Doom is still a great game no matter how crappy the AI is :p Ya gotta admit chasing monsters around with a chainsaw is fun :icon12:

"These are dangerious times we live in" NewsWrthy

Comment

Originally posted by Q
          Ya gotta admit chasing monsters around with a chainsaw is fun :icon12:
          w00t!! :icon_bigg
          --
          CaveDog
          "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

Originally posted by Q
            Doom is still a great game no matter how crappy the AI is :p Ya gotta admit chasing monsters around with a chainsaw is fun :icon12:
            Good times..... WOOT!
            I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X