Not a fun weekend at all!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a fun weekend at all!

My wife woke up yesterday morning complaining of extreme dizzyness and she wasn't even able to stand up. As the day wore on, it only got worse. Mind you, my wife is 7 months pregnant, so to say we worried was an understatement. I know that's not saying it was from the baby but at this point any thing that goes wrong we take extra serious.

Anyway, we went to the hospital and they checked her out. All vitals were fine with her and the baby. Whew! So, just to be safe they wanted to have a neurologist take a look-see. Well, we had to be transferred to the ER. The ER's wait times were 6+ hours! Well, thankfully we had been transferred and so kinda got to skip a few folks. We only had to wait a few hours (2.5).

They performed a CT scan and came up with nothing thankfully. But that still didn't explain the dizzy spells and nauseau. The doc finally narrowed it down to Viral Labyrinthitis. Sudden onset on dizzyness, nauseau, vertigo, etc, etc....not very fun.

Well, it's apparently some virus going around as he said he had personally seen 6 cases of it THIS WEEKEND! So, the wife is at home now. We got home from the hospital at 1 this morning. We spent 13 hours there. I'm taking care of her. She's pretty much bed ridden and ANY movement of her head causes instant nauseau and vomiting.

BUT, bright side is nothing that is life threatening for mom or baby thankfully. Just gotta be on bed rest and stay well hydrated. It just needs time to heal. Just wanted everyone to know. Pray for us if you would. Thanks.

In the pursuit of... something.

Re: Not a fun weekend at all!

Vertigo is the worst thing ever. I had it once, man it really makes you dizzy if you even move slightly, even the simplest task are impossible to perform, since it sets your equilibrium off balance.

Comment

Glad to hear it is nothing serious JBRanger. Never fun having to go to the hospital and especially the E-Room. I know I took a trip during flu season and it was absolutely brutal. Hope your wife gets better soon!
      sigpic

Comment

Wow. I spent the weekend at the Biltmore in Coral Gables playing golf and having waitstaff bring me drinks by the pool. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give my weekend 9 Mojitos.

I am sorry yours was so rough, and I'm glad your wife is alright. I had the flu on the 4th and had to fly to Dallas the next day to work in a conference room all week. It comes around. Hope you have a terrific weekend soon.

Comment

Did she have a sore throat?

I hope she gets to feeling better!!!
          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys.

No, she does not nor had a sore throat. That is a peculiar disease as well though. She has this....http://www.webmd.com/hw/balance_disorders/hw265622.asp.

Crazy though. Most cases report upper respiratory problems before this but not her. Just woke up and BAM! Crazy stuff man.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Wikipedia has a good write-up as well. Hope she gets to feeling better soon :)
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

wow man. I didn't know she was that sick. I hope she feels better. Let me know if you need me to run any errands for you.
                Primary: IntelAgent (Planetside 2)
                Light Assault, Reconnaissance, Intel Collection

Comment

wow i hope everything is still well and will stay well. But i would also like to say congrats on the pregnancy =).

Comment

Its good that it wasn't anything serious, but that still ruins your weekend :(.

Comment

My sympathies. I had Labryinthitis once in college. Went to class one morning and suddenly the quad started pitching back and forth like the deck of a ship. Getting to the health center was an adventure.

It passes, though. Hope she's feeling better soon.
                      In game handle: Steel Scion
                      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...