The SAS weapon of choice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SAS weapon of choice

Typically the choice weapon of the SAS was the M16/203.

Now they have changed to the Diemaco L119A1 5.56mm with the H&K L17A1 40mm Grenade launcher. I couldn't find a pic of it and not sure if that classification is the british or standard Diemaco one. This is the closest pic I could find

Jex.

Re: The SAS weapon of choice

Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades my friend..... lol j/k...

Comment

Sept thats the M4 Navy Model with its attatchments!

This is what i think you were refering too...

Last edited by Widowmaker; 03-23-2004, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22

Wasn't the weapon of choice the SA 80?
        LMAO!! :icon_lol: ooooh that's funny. No seriuosly it's hilarious from my POV. The SA80 would never be the choice of any special forces I don't think. There are several reasons why.

1) it's a piece of crap.

2) too many working parts, too complex to clean and too easyily breakable (unreliable in other words).

3) It's a bullpup configuartion meaning if you hold the weapon in your left hand (so you can go around right hand corners) and fire you get a face full of hot ejecting jackets. In the picture above, just below his cheek is the ejection port (that green plasticky bit).

4) no grenade launcher.

It's been years since I used the SA80 and have missed revisions but from what I hear from people still in the service are mixed reports. Some swear by them some don't. The SA80 is aparently needing to be cleaned 6 times a day (at least) in desert conditions - the SAS need something that is reliable in all regions as they never know where they wil be called to next. Sadly the SA80 has been plagued with problems from day 1. When it's working it's an excellent rifle, highly accurate - especially with the SUSAT sight on it but it is really only for right handed users. Bullpups imv really do suck ass.
        Jex.

Comment

Ok haha (lol) :icon40: :icon_conf :icon_eek:
          Jex.

Comment

Consider yourself informed on what's new and coming..... maybe?

http://www.hk-usa.com/pages/military...bines/xm8.html

Comment

Where do i get one of those - toys 'r' us?
              Jex.

Comment

God what do I have to do? Dress like a woman to get you British people to laugh? =P
                No seriously I'm laughing...

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

See? :)
                Jex.

Comment

actually Jex i think you are being highly wide with your use of the word standard. the SAS have training in operating virtually every gun available or likely to come in contact with in enemy territory. also the sas is not just the scud hunters the sas has many diffewrent branches and all of them have preferred weapons.

close quaters SAS security guards like those accompanying Mr Blair to Lybia will most probably have a wide range of weapons rangiong from the MP5 10mmm to the 9mmm PDW version. small arms tactical, fits under the long black Jackets. to sniper rifles off all kinds,

saying that the M16 is the prefered weapon is nopt doing the SAS justicew at all. as you know the SAS are a small tactical unit, they are aso a effcient unit. in a typical 4 man team, ytou will probably find one guy who has some kind of variation of the m249, most likely the minimi and 2 guys with an m16. leaving one to have the longest range weapon/ but that is as i said before only taking into account a scud hunting/ jungle bunny squad.

long to short. the word standard does not apply when describing the weapon of choice for the SAS ..

P.S did you knopw that the SAS are so secretive that wepons for missions are often stolen from other regular platoons in the army. this is to disguise any red tape or budget reports expressing what the sas will be carrying or have with them at any time.

quite brilliant in my opinion... i would never have thought of that...

oh and you ask any SAS operative the only piece of equipment that is standard is will power.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I was just posting the fact they they have changed their main assault rifle - this is now their weapon of choice for this class - I should have been more specific.
                    Jex.

Comment

Then of course there's the new line of "BLING BLING" Weapons

Comment

I'm sure they work real well in the battlefield.

"What's that I see over there? It's shining into my eyes and I can't see! Ah, it's a golden gun!! I'm going to die!!!"

- It's who you game with.

Comment

It makes James Bond look like Little Debbie, that's for sure.

hope that is sarchasm.

gold gun or one that works... hmmmm ill go for one that works please any day.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X