EVE POS destruction video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVE POS destruction video

This is a video of the take down of a POS (player owned structure) in the EVE universe. I figured I would post it over here so you guys can see what we do over their. I made the video pretty fast, we just got done destroying it at 01:30am. It probably took a total of 6 hours over two days to destroy the POS. Enjoy!

http://www.tacticalsites.com/~turbo/POSdestruction.wmv

Re: EVE POS destruction video

I dont know how much of this the regular community understands about this....but what we did was pretty damn cool. It took a lot of team work to keep each other aliave while the guns controled by the structure pounded on us. we also had to make multiple attempts becuase our second try at it earlier in the day invovled the enemy corporation coming in with bigger ships called capital ships, the baddest ships in the game. If this intrests you guys, you should read up on eve and come play with us in game.

Comment

What is "Imperial Order"?
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

What does doing this achieve? I have never playe EVE and don't even know what it is...
        |TG| Lorian
        Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

The Imperial Order is the alliance to which we belong. Sort of a union of corporations taht typically vies for control of open space.

A station represents significant assets for an enemy corporation, allowing them to store ships and supplies, manufacture goods, and mine resources. The number and allegiance of stations in a system also determines what alliance controls that system. Destroying this station increases IO's hold on the region and prevents the other corp from operating there.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

It makes a big boom and pretty explosion. Isn't thats enough of a reason!

Heres a basic explanation about the mechanics of the game, what the video entails and what it takes to do that.

POS are like forward bases. You can hide behind its shields and let its defenses attack anyone who comes close. You can rearm, change ships, repair, and so on as well as industrial reasons such as mining and refining.

In 0.0 security space (no law and alliances can claim it through POS placements) you can make a lot more ISK (money) than empire but its more risky as there are no authorities. We claim an area of space which we run operations to protect to ensure we can make ISK there. These guys were free-riding and making ISK in our area while not contributing to the security of the area. So they had to be removed, we regularly attacked there ships and haulers but sometimes they manage to reach there POS to hide at it.

Taking down a POS is no easy thing, its a major problem in the game infact at the minute due to the firepower of a POS and mixed with a big alliance defending it with ships it takes a huge force (like the 3:1 ratio put on attacking in tench warfare) which sometimes due to pure number of players the EVE servers can't take causing lag in the system+area. The game runs on multiple servers/nodes which different systems run on, the busiest systems get more resouces on the servers so when a major conflict occurs in a normally quiet system it can't cope even though the servers assign resources depending on its level activity.

GJ to the guys who participated.

Comment

Is your character a ship? or a person?
              |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

You are a person, but as far as the interface is concerned you are always inside a ship, either docked at a station or in space. Third person, 360 degree camera view, with the ability to change camera lock to other objects around you. You interact with things by "locking on" (usually a hostile act) and firing weapons or activating tools, or by approaching and right-clicking with the mouse.
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

Comment

Very nice work guys :)

Comment

Nice work! What's the name of the song?
                    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Suicidal Tendencies - I'll Hate You Better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicidal_Tendencies

Comment

BTW i'm in one of those big yellow numbers with the pew pew lasers :).

That's only the 2nd POS destruction i've been involved in. The first i actually managed to call out while the POS was being set up and we managed to muster up a nice alliance force to destroy it. That gave us some experience with repairing each other using both drones and modules attached to our ships to soak up the fire of the station, and a better idea of the logistics involved with maintaining a siege.

---

Comment

Nice job guys :)

Since the EVE forums are protected it would be interesting to get a TG corp update once in a while, maybe a news post or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Faultline
                            Since the EVE forums are protected it would be interesting to get a TG corp update once in a while, maybe a news post or something.
                            Their was talk of that before, I guess nothing came of it. Ill see if I can get some guys together to do some news maybe once a month.

Ill have some new footage for a video soon since we just got war dec'd. WOOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
                              Their was talk of that before, I guess nothing came of it. Ill see if I can get some guys together to do some news maybe once a month.

Ill have some new footage for a video soon since we just got war dec'd. WOOT!
                              Good! All jokes aside Eve is an incredible game. I played the trial but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it and continue paying every month/year. I would really appreciate updates on how you guys are doing over there though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X