This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swearing?

Ok, The swearing rule says : Free Television Rules Apply, Mostly.

I said ****, i hear that on TELETOON, and the CARTOON NETWORK, during the MIDDLE OF THE DAY. You have to be kidding me that I can't say ****. I got kicked for saying ****, and was pretty pissed. People can say **** and ass on the RADIO now, like schools don't even get people in trouble for saying **** anymore. Besides, what kind of little kid plays NS with that many players that would just get pissed off at them for not knowing what to do? Especially seeing as the context I used it in, wasnt "Oh, You're a piece of ****" it was more like "Oh ****, My GL is stuck in the air"

And then, before I left to come complain, someone said "If you don't like it, go complain" then when I said "Fine, I'm going to do that right now" they said "No, you can't do that" Well, here I am.

I'd just like a little clarification, is the word **** allowed or not? I don't think it's that bad of a word seriously. Television rules my ass. **** = S H I T

Re: Swearing?

Are you so inept with your vocabulary that you have no other words to express yourself besides cussing? If so I pitty you.

Comment

Well that was dumb, there is no point to your post.

Someone please lock this.

Comment

Who are you asking? Is this directed at the whole community, or did you mean to respectfully contact a member of the admin team directly?
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

FCC obscenity guidelines do not apply to subscription based networks like cable tv. Teletoon and Cartoon Network are both cable tv channels.

Comment

I think SOME of the swearing rules are a little crazy on our source game servers (I don't have HL1 so I am not able to play NS, but it sounds like the same environment in regards to swearing). I am not saying all "bad" words shouldn't be banned (there are many swears that should not be allowed on any server, let alone a mature one like TG), but many swears words aren't bad unless an overprotected child is playing NS (hehe that would be ironic). I am not in support of swearing on the servers, I am just saying my point of view.

EDIT- "****= ****" Well, I didn't see that little translation. No, that is a swear. I am now going to ask a stupid question and I hope you guys won't tell me I have an inept vocabulary: would damn be acceptable? I know I could just say fiddlesticks, because... of course that's what I would say in real life. ;)
            The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
            #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
            83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

You have to remember that many of the TG members have children that may very well be sitting next to them.

The correct action here is to PM the admin that kicked you and speak with them.
              Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator
                You have to remember that many of the TG members have children that may very well be sitting next to them.

The correct action here is to PM the admin that kicked you and speak with them.
                What Wimpinator said...plus:

To "Create an environment where there was mutual respect for your fellow gamers ..." you have to think about how you're behaviour may affect others. The "others" at TG is a very diverse group. The word may not seem that 'bad' to you, but too others it may be bad enough.

Cheers.

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
                if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

Good people:

Please don't reply to threads like this.

Best case: you're just a nice guy trying to help out, but you don't know what admin did what, when, or why, or what decision or design you'll be stepping on by giving what you think are helpful answers. There's a reason (several, actually) why the concerns of belligerent, freshly-aggravated players are carefully handled by admins behind the scenes.

Worst case: you post something like Greflin did and embarrass the rest of us.

Make it a rule to just report the post (with the button on the left; FIND IT; KNOW where it is) and move along. You don't see me point this out in many threads like this, as my doing so just adds flame to the very fire we should all be working to prevent. So please commit this to the part of your brain that'll intervene next time you go to reply to a thread like this.

Please don't post in threads of this temperament. Report them and move on. 9 times out of 10, that is how you most quickly bring the perturbed author the best resolution we can provide.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Indeed. This is not up for discussion in this manner, that's for sure.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X