Somthing New...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somthing New...

Anyone know any good games that has come out lately? I am really getting bored of what games I have been playing (WoW,Guild wars,BF2,HL2dm). I waited and played Prey (beat it in 2 hours) any other new games that came out that is worth playing?

(Still waiting for spore ;))

Re: Somthing New...

Have you played everything else hosted here?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

yeah most of it, I kinda shy away from the WW2 shooters though.

Comment

Well, I'm no help. All I play anymore is NS, which is an FPS/RTS hybrid we host.

Others here will have plenty of recommendations, I'm sure.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

COD2 is a great addition. We have completely modded our server, new maps new weapon changes. Alot of fun.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Civ iv?
            |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
            [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

is Civilization IV any good? it looks a little generic to me.

Comment

Might as well try some of the FREE games that we host here. Americas Army is free and we play on Saturday nights. If you own HL2 then you can get Dystopia for free also. If you own HL1 then you can play Natural Selection for free. All you got to do is download the required mods.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a great single player game. It's an RPG and it's one of my favourite games ever. It's incredibly immersive and it is a huge game.

Comment

Originally posted by DOA
                  is Civilization IV any good? it looks a little generic to me.
                  Yeah, you know how those darn Game of the Year games are... :icon_roll :icon16:

I think that Soldner, now that it's properly patched, is going to make a revival here.
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

If you're looking for a different game, there's Second Life. It's a sandbox/3d chat engine envrioment though. The game is more like a webhost than a developer team. 95% of the content is user made, you can build objects, upload textures for them, create clothing textures, script (using the LSL language, based on c++), create animations using Poser 5 to upload.

You can also sell your creations. The current exchange rate is L$301.0698 / US$1.00. You can make decent money if you're good at creating things. Animations (particularlly dancing and "adult" animations) sell the best, followed closely by high fashion designs.

You can also get hired out to use your skills, such as building a store or club for a group of people.
                    As an example: http://house-of-blade-mall.blogspot.com/
                    That first post about House of RFyre is a build I made.

The thing is, don't go by what you see at first. The bulk of the mainland builds are amatuerish, and the different methaphors people design on their lands don't always mix well. Island sims are where you want to go to check out real style and design. Isle RFyre and a few others are example of good designs.

If you do find yourself wandering to second life, my user name is Samuel Frost. Give me a shout.

Oh yeah, the game is free for normal use. You get a L$50 allowance of lindens each week, and you can't own land. If you pay the $10 a month to hav ea premium account, you get L$300 lindens a week, a 512 plot of land that you don't have to pay any monthly fees on, and the ability to buy more land at a price each month. It's worth checking out at least for a little while.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

ok cool nulloperations I will look into that its looks interesting.

Comment

Second Life has a steep learning curve. I tried it once but wrestling with the interface was like getting bodyslammed by a new programming language.

There's always EVE.
                        In game handle: Steel Scion
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah I kinda started to play Second Life, I messed with the options and made me a super hero with tight red pants and water skin and stuff and I just walk by people and flex.

if you play my name is DOA Lime

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
                            Second Life has a steep learning curve. I tried it once but wrestling with the interface was like getting bodyslammed by a new programming language.
                            Won't argue with you there. It takes some getting used to. It helps if you have someone holding your hand through it because it really is a pain if you don't sit in orientation island for awhile.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

I like playing civ iv. It's my first game of the series and I've been fortunate to learn from some of the 33rd guys when we play multiplayer. I'm still horrible at it, but I'm surprised I even have the patience for a turn based game.
                              |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                              [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...