Tactical Gamer Site Upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer Site Upgrade

Starting tonight and extending through the weekend, Tactical Gamer will be undergoing a major back-end upgrade. This upgrade brings with it a wide variety of new features, extended AJAX integration, and a number of common blog-associated tools such as trackbacks and pingbacks.

It is unknown at this point how intrusive this upgrade will be. It may be necessary to re-customize the entire site template and manually re-install many of the features and code changes that we run. If things look a little funny now and then or the site appears "broken", give it a few minutes and try again.

Full backups of the database and site are being performed now, and we also have our normal nightly database backups to fall back on should something disasterous occur.

Thank you for your patience during this upgrade process!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Tactical Gamer Site Upgrade

Good luck. :)

Comment

Thanks for all your hard work, Apophis.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Thanks guys.

The actual core upgrade went VERY smoothly. I need to verify a bunch of the additional code and then get to work on the templates themselves and get them upgraded to take advantage of (and display) the new features.

This is where things might start getting a little ugly.

Comment

Sounds very cool. Looking forward to seeing/using the upgrades! Thanks for keeping the site so usable Apophis. :D

EDIT: Actually it looks like my reply was also submitted twice when I clicked 'Post Quick Reply'.
          Beatnik

Comment

Just to make sure its not on my end, does this have anything to do with the occasional webpage that i get that reads something to the effect that tacticalgamer.com cant read their database? It was hardly intrusive as it lasted a max of 30 seconds, but i just want to make sure it isnt anything im doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
              Just to make sure its not on my end, does this have anything to do with the occasional webpage that i get that reads something to the effect that tacticalgamer.com cant read their database? It was hardly intrusive as it lasted a max of 30 seconds, but i just want to make sure it isnt anything im doing.
              Yeah, that was most likely just something you got during the upgrade process. You shouldn't see it any more. The extent of any issues now should be related to anomolies/issues with the graphical design and layout of the site itself while the new features get activated.

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                Thanks for all your hard work, Apophis.
                I second that. Thanks.
                Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                  Starting tonight and extending through the weekend, Tactical Gamer will be undergoing a major back-end upgrade. This upgrade brings with it a wide variety of new features, extended AJAX integration, and a number of common blog-associated tools such as trackbacks and pingbacks.

It is unknown at this point how intrusive this upgrade will be. It may be necessary to re-customize the entire site template and manually re-install many of the features and code changes that we run. If things look a little funny now and then or the site appears "broken", give it a few minutes and try again.

Full backups of the database and site are being performed now, and we also have our normal nightly database backups to fall back on should something disasterous occur.

Thank you for your patience during this upgrade process!
                  Good luck. Thanks for all you do here. Like one of the new changes.^^^^

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Very cool stuff, and a great website!!!

thanks Apophis, and everyone else!!!

Chappie

Comment

The Private Messaging system is currently off-line until tomorrow. I'm still working on the issue but most likely won't be able to focus on it until the morning. Been a long day.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Comment

Thanks Chief.
                        It is a good website.
                        It is really easy to find your way around in.

Have a good'n .
                        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                        Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Where can we find a changelog that describes what's changed specifically (features, not tech specs or anything crazy like that)? On a vbulletin site somewhere, maybe? What is what we've just upgraded to called (version number or something)?
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I guess apo got to the PM system. I just sent a PM a few minutes ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
                              EDIT: Actually it looks like my reply was also submitted twice when I clicked 'Post Quick Reply'.
                              This is happening to me about half of the time I post now.

Oh, and PMs seem to be working fine for me, too.
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X