Junior to retire on Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior to retire on Monday

Junior Seau, a 12-time Pro Bowl linebacker who played with the San Diego Chargers and the Miami Dolphins during a 16-year NFL career, will announce his retirement Monday.

Seau will make the announcement at a news conference at Chargers Park on Monday afternoon, the team said in a statement Sunday.

The 37-year-old Seau spent the past three seasons with Miami after being acquired from San Diego.

He was released by the Dolphins in March after missing 17 games the past two years due to injury. He finished both seasons on injured reserve, and an Achilles' tendon injury limited him to seven games in 2005. Seau ended the 2004 season on injured reserve because of a torn pectoral muscle.

In spring 2003 the Chargers, feeling that Seau's best years were behind him, allowed his agent to shop for a trade. Seau then was sent to Miami.

One of the classiest and great linebackers of my time. I am 35 and have seen some great linebackers in my time and I think he deserves to be in Canton when he is eligible.
    sigpic

Re: Junior to retire on Monday

in related news, Rodney Harrison is back participating in training camp!! (after having his blown out knee surgically replaced mid-season last year)

yeah.. seau's definitely a 1st ballot HOF'er

Comment

One of the few athletes I admire.
      "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
      [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

He is absolutely a class act, and quite the leader, too. He wasn't with the Chargers very long before he became the team captain, and he quickly helped whip that team into MUCH better shape than they had been in the years previous...

Definitely a man to admire.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

He scares me, and I hardly ever even watch football, forget about PLAYING it! :)
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I loved his "graduation" speech he gave today....he could be a reverend or somethin!
            |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

He's changed his mind.....
              Gonna be Patriot now!
              |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by calvin View Post
                He's changed his mind.....
                Gonna be Patriot now!
                Seau sought for an inside job - The Boston Globe

That would make him having played for my three favorite NFL teams!

Off topic, but the greatest football game ever played ('81 AFC playoffs Chargers vs. Dolphins) is what made me a fan of those two teams, and I kinda grew to be a Patriots fan, as my high school mascot was the Patriots.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Cing, you made my morning! Yeah - the pats desperately need some help inside... plus, the thought of him and Rodney Harrison in the same defense again makes me giddy... :D

(first [edit: home] preseason game's tomorrow)

Comment

You guys don't honestly think he will do something miraclous like turn the Patriots defense around, do you? ;)

()

Comment

He was in their starting lineup after less than a week in practice.....so he's obviously shown somethin coach likes
                      |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by calvin View Post
                        so he's obviously shown somethin coach likes
                        Not usually... with vets like this they usually get the free walk and veteran respect from the coaches... he hasn't looked good in years.

()

Comment

As a lifetime Pats fan who has had to suffer with the likes of Tony Eason , Drew Bledsoe and a bunch of other junk all I have to say is "In Bill We Trust"

PS...nobody gets a free walk on the Pats. Bill's gone to two a day's for training camp Did you see Martin Gramitica was cut for a rookie kicker...We'll be there in Feb 07...trust me.
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed