Server Issues - Instability in .146

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Issues - Instability in .146

We have been experiencing some server issues with one of our boxes. The machine experiencing the problems hosts BF2 Server #2, Ghost Recon, and America's Army.

The machine has been hard-crashing and rebooting for several months, but over the past two weeks it has really gone to the extreme and crashes every couple hours. I am going to need to re-assess this server to determine:

a) Can I move these game servers to other boxes considering their minimal use?
    b) Do I need to provision a new machine to replace the one that is currently malfunctioning?

I apologize for the downtime with these games, but I will try and get this resolved as soon as possible.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Server Issues - Instability in .146

GR and AA dont see much action just one night a week. And those nights are on different nights. I dont think the 10 of us who play both those games would care if they got moved to a different less used server. Im sure AA would run just fine next to the COD2 server, not sure about GR since you said it takes a special graphics card to run
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

For BF2 #2, I think that we'd better wait and see what population levels the upcoming mods bring us. May end up needing it, may not...

AA could be tucked away wherever.. Rarely used these days. They promise coop that may bring some sort of small revival, but.... we thought it would take off when you brought it online w/ honor last year -- that lasted a month or three.

No clue about GR.
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

Man, as my time of return draws near, I'd love it if the GR server were more reliable on Thurs nights.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm going to do everything I can to keep all of these games online. My first step will be to get the OS and games re-installed on that box, from there, we can see if stability returns. If it doesn't, I would wager we're dealing with hardware issues and will need a new server to host them.

On the flip side, for what we currently pay for that server, we could get a beefier machine if we migrated, but I would need to talk to them about migrating the video card over to the new box as well.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X