EVE: Scratch One Flattop... [Video]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVE: Scratch One Flattop... [Video]

Last night, the alliance that TEGL is a part of successfully attacked and destroyed an enemy carrier class ship (exactly what it sounds like) in combat action.

Several members of TG took part in this action.

The basic plot line goes like this. Our alliance (The Imperial Order) has held a 0.0 choke point now for some time. There is an alliance of pirates (Coalition of Carebear Killers) who fight us almost everyday, contesting this space. Before IO claimed this particular system, this pirate alliance made, I would guess, a lot of their income by killing commercial traffic passing through this choke point.

Last night, there was a light camp at the choke point, and some members of the alliance patrolling the space we protect. There was a sighting of an enemy Recon Cruiser (Ships capable of deploying a jump beacon for capital class ships) approaching the system this occured in. Sure enough, the recon cruiser jumped in and dropped a cyno field (the jump beacon) next to the gate our light camp was at. An enemy Archon class Carrier jumped in on this field as an obvious show of force by our enemy.

They underestimated our resolve and response. Our commander gave the order to stand and fight, and a call to arms went out along communications lines to the rest of the alliance and to allies. Several other enemy support ships joined the fray, but were rapidly dispatched by our growing force. The Carrier was locked down with Propulsion systems jamming and electronic warefare, and our fleet began to hammer away at this behemoth. Several pilots scrambled to bases to swap out their smaller ships for battleships and over the next 14 minutes, we slowly but surely drained its energy systems causing its repair systems to fall behind the damage we were causing it.

The following video is this action captured by our top fighter jock. This should give you some idea of the kind of combat that is possible in Eve.

(Note, the music makes sense in the context of the person editing this, and is pretty funny actually).

Linky
    Last edited by gunjunkie; 08-22-2006, 03:36 AM. Reason: Changed link...
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Re: EVE: Scratch One Flattop... [Video]

ooo... EvE... i play that...

(does a bit of advertising)

my game name is Hatra... a Member of Trinity Nova (a mercenary corp that recently was contracted again IO :) )

it's cool to see other EvE players elsewhere... it's wierd (but cool) to find myself playing bf2 with someone who was recently a war target :p

(oh... and nice kill btw)

Comment

Heh, I remember you... :)

We only joined IO at the end of that war. Was fun while it lasted. I think its great we can be mortal enemies in one game and squadmates in another. I know some Eve players take stuff a little to seriously sometimes, but I would think most TGers know its only a game, even if the stakes are a little higher than most other games.

Feel free to stop by the Eve Forums on TG to trade war stories and help the new players out (corp secrets permitting, ofc :) )
      -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

yea... though i never considered IO as mortal enemies... they we're just the contracted targets... and most likely has it's own good people :)

and yea... you get it right when you say that it's a game... :)

and even those that could be considered 'mortal enemies' etc *glances briefly at the CVA and the likes* the players have shown that who they really are are nice people... even the arrogantist, evilist character can have a nice, friendly player underneath...

anyways... i kind of lost myself there (multitasking)

so yea... it's a small world! :)

i hope be working with you in bf2 more in the future :)

Comment

Great job guys, excellent takedown :)

Comment

Its interesting, CCK had a second Carrier that was destroyed by UK last night. The whole balance of power in Northern Providence is shifting.

(to the non eve-ers who have no idea what I'm talking about)

The same enemy faction that TG worked against had another one of these very expensive ships destroyed by an allied faction last night. This is going to make the area we operate in much more secure.
            -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

But then Last night they showed up with 2 more. Its getting exspensive to fly thru our system and providence.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Great job. Keep the updates coming!

Comment

How much does a carrier cost these days? I forget, is it 5Bil? Something like that anyways, a Battleship costs 100m + 50m max to fit it with weapons ect so 150m per battleship (which when insured can bring in a max of 70m I think when lost).

So the cost of one of those carriers is like 30 well fitted uninsured battleships... which is a noticable loss unless stupidly rich.

The carriers deploy fighters which are like... hard to describe if you haven't played. They have the hitpoints of a ship class below battleships (battlecruisers but without slots/modules to reduce damage taken) and the firepower of a battlecruiser but are smaller than a cruiser (size below battlecruiser) with speed of a frigate.

So a carrier has like 5+ really smallish quick ships with the firepower of a ship a couple of levels higher than there size. Carriers are usually hidden at enemy bases in the system and then the fighters are given to another ship to control so the carrier is safe while its firepower can still be used, boring but effective.

Good job guys, glad to see your doing alright!

Comment

The killboard said the total isk lost was 800 million but that is way under the market price for the ship+fittings.

Comment

Carrier runs something like 1 bil for the ship. Probably 500 - 1 bil for fittings and fighters.

---

Comment

Man that sounds fun! Good video to thanks for sharing. Wish I had the time to take Eve up :(
                        sigpic

Comment

Cool stuff. I still prefer the "you aim and shot" aspect of fighter/space sims, but it looks neat from a RTS mindset.

So how much time do you spend fighting other players and how much time is spent fighting NPC's? I imagine in your 0,0 space you're fighting players mostly right?

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

You fight NPCs for cash and equipment and PCs for territory and glory.
                            In game handle: Steel Scion
                            sigpic

Comment

This kinda stuff makes me wish I could get into EVE, but I have neither the time nor the money to invest in such a game. In fact, I have avoided pay-per-month games as a matter of principal, but EVE has always seemed to be one I'd make an exception on.
                              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X