Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy *#[email protected] Hayes is driving!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy *#[email protected] Hayes is driving!

Yes everyone, quiet down now, the rumors are true. I'm actually driving now, but I need a new car. Yes this is asked a lot, but since you are all here.....

I drive a 01 grey passat, it used to be my sisters, it drives ok, but it breaks down a lot. My sister has also rammed the car into multiple things, such as our garage, the basketball goal, other cars, and so on. But in a few months, i'm going to trade it in and get a new car. Now, heres the catch, my mom is a safety freak. If there was a marshmellow car, I would be driving it. The passat has like 8 airbags, so if you hit a fence at like 2 mph it blows up like the mars rover bouncy thing. Are there any other cars that are amazingly safe, and actually cool enough for a 16 year old kid to drive? My rents are rich, so my max price is around 15,000. Yes I know I am lucky. Thanks in advance.

-Hayes

PS I just might post some pics if anyone wants to see it.

Re: Holy *#[email protected] Hayes is driving!

Volvo C70

Not under your max price, but you can really push the Volvo safety angle...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
      Volvo C70

Not under your max price, but you can really push the Volvo safety angle...
      I'm with Cing on this one. It's only 3x the price point, but your well being is important. Alternately you could ask for the S40 which is a little more in your field.
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Hahaha, 40k? Yeah right, my parents would never go for that, plus its a convertible! My mom hates those, she thinks im gonna roll my car. Plus its not the prettiest of cars. I'm uploading pics of my current ride, so you can see the destruction.

Last edited by hayes321; 08-22-2006, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I have a Scion tC. It's slightly more than your max price at $16500 or so. They have "pure pricing" so there's no way to haggle for the price of the car. However, you can haggle for the value of your trade in. It's classified as a subcompact, but it's pretty pudgy. It weighs in at 2900lb - almost as much as a Camry or Accord. It uses the same engine as the Camry and is built on a chasis that's used for Toyota's line of midsized sedans in Europe. It's got front driver and passenger airbags and driver knee airbags standard with side curtain airbags available as a factory option. As far as one step above economy cars, I think it's a pretty cool car for a young person. It's got double panoramic sunroofs standard (only the front one opens up), 17" alloy rims standard, and has styling cues that are obviously stolen from BMW, Volvo, and Audi. Plus it's built by Toyota with parts that have been tested on previous platforms, so you know you'll likely get a car that's reliable for the long run.

Mine is all stock with no options at all. The stock sound system is a 160 watt Panasonic system (in dash CD played and 6 speakers), which is pretty decent.

Comment

You're gonna have to go for a minivan. The ladies dig it man.

Comment

I'm w/santa on this one. Especially the dodge caravan, santa's dream van! lol
              Sordavies car is pretty pimp, I'd try for that one, or else maybe a pickup truck. You can probably get a ranger around your target price.
              |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
              [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Get a badonkadonk.

Comment

how in the world is an '01 PASSAT breaking down after only 5(ok...6) years? Change the oil, yo!

Comment

Yeah, I've got a pretty girly car. Small compact coupe = girly car. But, hey, the girls love it. They think it's cute.

Comment

Sordavie's tC is where it's at, so what if it's gurly.. they LIKE it. The Toyota FJ is pretty cool too.. but the reviewers either love it or hate it.

And Section-8 is right.. 5 or 6 years and the VW a bust? WOW.. what'd you guys do to it? It LOOKs like it is great shape except for the minor damage.
                      sigpic

Comment

holy big pics batman

Ford Taurus....might not be the most stylish car but lasts for along time
                        Jeep Compass..its the only jeep UNDER 30k its right around your price and its "american made"

If you can get away with it go for a 2005 ford mustang, the new version....amazing car and rides like a dream.
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Yeah those pics of the VW make the car look 100x better than my truck! What did you say was wrong w/it?
                          |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                          [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by B. Clawhammer View Post
                            Yeah those pics of the VW make the car look 100x better than my truck! What did you say was wrong w/it?
                            That's what I was thinking. Unfortunately, the lush greenery proves that he's not in North Texas, so I can't make an offer for it...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

That Passat looks just fine. If it's having mechanical trouble and you need something under the price you mentioned, perhaps go
                              for a used Camry/Accord/Civic/Corolla/Sentra/Altima. Should get good gas mileage and longevity out of any of these.

Edit: BTW Sordavie, I hadn't seen a Scion yet that didn't make me want to throw up in my mouth until I saw yours! That's a sharp looking car. Never knew about that model. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X