Can this be true

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this be true

Had a quick look through some building materials websites when i stumbled upon this advert on a page. It looks and sounds pretty genuine, but to be on the safe sid eI thought i would post and see if any of you have this or have heard of it.

Basically in a nutshell its offering a once in a life time fee of around £5 to watch all live sports, films etc.

If this is true would be a huge saving on paying for Sky and cable, plus gives me a reason to get a bigger screen!

Its called pctvpal I believe the company is in located Tulsa, Oklahoma and had only been going since early 2006

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Can this be true

Warning: Page has background music. ¬_¬

Try Googling it, that might help.
    |TG| Lorian
    Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Sounds a bit like a scam....

Comment

Never heard of it and I live in OKC.
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Hmmm thats what i was thinking. Sounded to good to be true

Comment

It IS a scam. These things are all over the place right now.
            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
              It IS a scam. These things are all over the place right now.
              Thanks buddy, much appreciated

Comment

Sorry I don't have more info. I had a link a few weeks ago that made it clear that all of these things were an attempt to make people pay for something which:
                a) sucks
                b) you can get for free

For your money, they probably just send you the URL.
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

That is pure crappola.

But if you send me 9.95 I will provide you, for life, more video than you could ever watch.

For all readers of TG I give to you free this service!

Google Video
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

An alternative for you may be a free-to-air satellite receiver, which is ~$150 one time cost for a good receiver.

I have 2 "Viewsat" receivers with one fixed dish, and an motorised dish. You can theoretically get ~1400 channels here, in Europe I would guess even more selection.
                    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

I have tried my share of "scams" (almost always getting my money back) and done a decent amount of research on things like this. I have found if you have a company name... go to www.bbb.org and see if they are a member, or at least have any reports against them. This is almost always the first thing I do when checking on these companies.

2 things that stand out right away and would drive me AWAY from pcTVpal...

1.) The website itself. It "looks" like a scam site. It has the same catchy phrases and rediculous offers that make you scratch your head. It's lay out is very simple, which is the norm for scam sites.

2.) They do NOT list a company name, phone number or address. That's a HUGE no-no when deciding whether or not to buy. When they can't disclose that under "contact us" or "about us", that's a red flag.

()

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X