Server Migration Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Migration Process

As many of you already know, PoE2 has been migrated over to a new server. In addition to that, I have been tackling the problem with the .146 server (the server that houses BF2 SRV #2, GR and America's Army) over the past couple days.

All games on that server (well, almost all) are being migrated over to a new server in the Virginia datacenter.

As of right now, America's Army has been completed and is operating perfectly. I have transferred our Honor account over to the new server so gameplay on that can resume.

BF2 SRV #2 is currently on hold as I am working on getting GRAW prepared for the console server release. SRV #2 seems to be stable on .146 so we shouldn't see too many issues. I hope to have it migrated by the end of the week.

As far as the original Ghost Recon goes. This one is causing a major headache. It requires a non-standard video card in order to operate, and we don't have any servers currently available that can support the game. It is back on-line on the .146 server and will remain on-line through to the end of September. I am hoping to have a solution in place for the original GR by the time the .146 server is permanently shut down.

We've been going through quite a bit of consolidation recently and shutting down servers and games that don't get any activity. Red Orchestra was an easy decision as it's not taken off at all. A harder decision was to cease our contract for the Falcon 4 server. As much as this game fits in with our sim crowd, it requires an entire machine to operate and hasn't been able to draw sufficient supporting memberships to remain in our lineup. I may try and re-address this server in the future and bring it back on-line, but we could no longer afford to keep it under the current circumstances.

I will continue to post updates as we progress with GRAW. As always, Tactical Gamer survives based on the contributions from our Supporting Members. Without your support, we would cease to be. While you're playing on the servers try and keep that in mind. If you can, help support our community by becoming a Supporting Member yourself!

Click Here to Become a Supporting Member
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Server Migration Process

I almost forgot:

As the servers are migrated, their IP addresses and server status (if available) will be updated on the Server List / Status page linked off the main menu on the front page of the site.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Great news boss.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Cool :) The new POE2 server has 0 lag, its very nice.

Comment

Ah, I was waiting for this. Will try it out as soon as I get home from work.

Comment

I hope we can find a solution for GR. That game is a great classic that usually get played once a week if the server is up. But with the strange server setup that it takes I guess it have so go sooner or later. Hopefully later.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
              Cool :) The new POE2 server has 0 lag, its very nice.
              They made many improvements since POE 1.0. I've been upgraded to 0 lag, too...top of the line model, and all. :)

Comment

Wow, some seriously tough calls you've had to make here. :-/

Comment

Is there any reason I'm getting a login screen asking for a username and password for maelstomrcrew.net whenever I view this thread?
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I got that same thing. It was really wierd.

Comment

There's a pic of Wulfyn's that is apparently behind some HTTP authentication.
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

i was just gonna post that. I have been getting it all day.
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

erm, i haven't used an avatar since i left the 42nd about 2 months ago. It was linked to maelstromcrew.net but i don't know why it is asking you for it.

Comment

I do not see it when I view the thread.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

He just fixed it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse