so, can't wait for Team Fortress 2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so, can't wait for Team Fortress 2?

Can't wait for Team Fortress 2 to come out with the 2nd episode of the Half Life 2 game?

Then check out this web site... with a beta coming soon... those screens look sweet...

http://www.fortress-forever.com/
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: so, can't wait for Team Fortress 2?

Magnum needs to learn the search function. The kittens make alot of racket when they die! :-P

Comment

TF2 and FF are very different. Someone who can't wait for TF2 might see nothing they like in FF, and vice versa. I personally won't play a ton of FF, since it's just TFC with better graphics and a few gameplay changes, whereas I bet I'll be addicted to TF2. Lots of other people don't care for TF2's gameplay changes or cartoony graphics, but can't wait to get ahold of FF.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu View Post
        TF2 and FF are very different. Someone who can't wait for TF2 might see nothing they like in FF, and vice versa. I personally won't play a ton of FF, since it's just TFC with better graphics and a few gameplay changes, whereas I bet I'll be addicted to TF2. Lots of other people don't care for TF2's gameplay changes or cartoony graphics, but can't wait to get ahold of FF.
        Wait, they aren't the same thing? There are 2 mods/games? :icon_eek:

Comment

FF is a Source mod of TF. It's just Team Fortress on a better engine.

TF2 is the sequel to TF and is also on the Source engine. It doesn't look like it's really going to be that much different, but the graphics are certainly unique.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I am dying to play TF2. I really wonder how TG will respond to its cartoony nature. Once realism is totally farcical, will TG turn up its collective nose or will it embrace it for its purely tactical dynamics in an unrealistic setting?

At the very least I think an occassional night goofing around with the charicature classes in TF2 would be a gas.
            Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
            live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
            Friend me!

Comment

FF doesn't really look too appealing to me. It just looks like it's trying to be slightly realistic in the TFC world. I like the videos we've seen of TF2 because it embraces the silly fantasy world that is TF, both in graphical style and movement of the characters.

Either way, I'm giving both a try, but I don't think I'll favor FF over TF2.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                FF is a Source mod of TF. It's just Team Fortress on a better engine.

TF2 is the sequel to TF and is also on the Source engine. It doesn't look like it's really going to be that much different, but the graphics are certainly unique.
                The developers have actually said TF2 is going to be pretty different; they're redesigning the game from the ground up, and instead of saying "how can we recreate Team Fortress Classic on the Source Engine" they're asking "what would we have done differently if we had designed TFC for Source in the first place?" and then doing that. For instance, the Spy's cloaking.

Comment

I've only heard of TF recently and don't know too much about it. But I read a little about TF2 in PC Gamer and it looks pretty cool. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it to check it out.
                  |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                  [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

I think we are cutting the mod development system short. As history proves, sometimes mods are way better than a whole new standalone game (DC/BF2) :)

Comment

I wanted to try FF, but really TF2 is just around the corner. I think I'll just wait and then slowly develop my addiction to it :row__523:

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Ahem... http://www.tacticalgamer.com/first-p...tml#post565995

Comment

Drool. The flag room looks really neat, but the weapons look like a fragmonkeys heaven.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X