Who's your favorite 2 and why

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's your favorite 2 and why

Ok there has been many conversations about comic books and what superhero can kicks whose butt. So I was wondering why we like the "HEROES" we like.

So who are your two favorite HEROES and why do you like them? They can be of any genre, doesn't matter whether they are Fictional or Nonfictional characters. They can be from movies, comics, cartoons, novels or even real life.

I will start by listing my two favorites

Drizzt Do Urden- As you can see by my screen name this is obvious. When I first started reading R.A Salvatore's novels I became hooked. I have never been much of a reader until I started reading about Drizzt. I had probably read 1 book from front to back until I read The Crystal Shard from that point forward I have read every book of Drizzt's and the heroes from Icewind Dale. Drizzt is such a deep character in my opinion. He is so complex it is difficult to explain, the quiet thinker yet at the same time he can be the ultimate silent killer. The stone cold killer one moment and then be the ultra compassionate character in the next.

Aragorn- I will be honest I never read the Lord of the Rings by JR Tolkien but when the movie came out I just had to go see it and I was glad I did. I never really knew much about the Lord of the Rings but seeing all of the trailers and cinematography it was just to cool. The way that Peter Jackson introduced Aragorn in The Fellowship of the Rings was probably the best I have ever seen. Again a character with a lot of depth, quiet and misunderstood yet could know exactly the right buttons to push. Viggo Mortensen really made this character come to life and really showed the depth of Aragorn.

Well I can go on longer but I think you get my drift of this post, I am curious to see some of the replies. This could be a stupid thread but look who the author is right :row__523:
    sigpic

Re: Who's your favorite 2 and why

Hmm...tough one.

Lazarus Long - For those of you not familiar with who Lazarus is, he's a character from several of Robert A. Heinlein's scienc fiction novels. Lazarus is a product of the Howard Foundation, a secret underground society of families brought together for the exclusive purpose of breeding human beings who live longer than normal people. Before Lazarus's first "rejeuvenation", he was over 300 years old. Other than his extremely long lifespan, he's a normal person. At one point, the people of earth discovered what the howard foundation was up to and labeled all of its progeny "metheuselah's children" and had them all in prison camps and sentenced to death for defying humanity, but lazarus engineered a brilliant escape and took them all off earth safely. At the latest point in the chronicles of Lazarus's life, he was over 3000 years old, in which he had formed amazing philosophies on life. It's from these philosophies that I base much of my life. If you'd like a small idea of his philosophies, please read the "Notebooks" of Lazarus Long. (I'll link to them at the bottom). Keep in mind that these are just quotes of his taken throughout his autobiography (read Time Enough For Love by Robert A. Heinlein) whenever he queued the computer that was taking it all down using the word "notebook". Cant really give much explanation beyond what i've said, but read the notebooks and you'll have a much better idea.

V - This is the character from V for Vendetta. I prefer the version from the graphic novels as opposed to the movie because you get a much clearer concept of who he was. In a nutshell, V was someone who decided that the idea he was going to create through his living and actions was more important than himself. In the end, he sacrificed himself in the ultimae pursuit of this idea and had no regrets in doing so. Not going to go too in depth, but the movie is a good start if you want a basic idea. If you really want to understand, check out the graphic novels.

The Notebooks Of Lazarus Long:
    http://www.angelfire.com/or/sociologyshop/lazlong.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
      Hmm...tough one.

Lazarus Long - For those of you not familiar with who Lazarus is, he's a character from several of Robert A. Heinlein's scienc fiction novels. Lazarus is a product of the Howard Foundation, a secret underground society of families brought together for the exclusive purpose of breeding human beings who live longer than normal people. Before Lazarus's first "rejeuvenation", he was over 300 years old. Other than his extremely long lifespan, he's a normal person. At one point, the people of earth discovered what the howard foundation was up to and labeled all of its progeny "metheuselah's children" and had them all in prison camps and sentenced to death for defying humanity, but lazarus engineered a brilliant escape and took them all off earth safely. At the latest point in the chronicles of Lazarus's life, he was over 3000 years old, in which he had formed amazing philosophies on life. It's from these philosophies that I base much of my life. If you'd like a small idea of his philosophies, please read the "Notebooks" of Lazarus Long. (I'll link to them at the bottom). Keep in mind that these are just quotes of his taken throughout his autobiography (read Time Enough For Love by Robert A. Heinlein) whenever he queued the computer that was taking it all down using the word "notebook". Cant really give much explanation beyond what i've said, but read the notebooks and you'll have a much better idea.

The Notebooks Of Lazarus Long:
      http://www.angelfire.com/or/sociologyshop/lazlong.html
      Excellent choice.

I've never really considered this question before (well, not since I was a little kid, anyway...), so I'll have to think about it before responding...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Paul Atreides

Is he good or evil... Or simply one element of the universal play?

Elric of Meliborne
        Read the "Elric Saga" rather early in life and that character always pops into my mind and the oddest moments. I don't remember much about the character except that is has coloured my idea of "Hero" for life. Makes me at once question the concept all the while admiring those that are elevated to that position in our lives.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

James Bolivar DiGriz -- The Stainless Steel Rat
          Too cool, the ultimate anti-hero. Impeccable sense of justice and ambiguous morals. The ultimate "grey area" hero. I've been waiting forever for some movie company to figure out how to do this justice.

Molly, The ultimate cyberpunkette bad-ass. Maybe the first non-stereo-typed female heroine I encoutered in litrature. She will kick your ass and take your name.
          Do or do not, there is no try....
          -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...