Studio 60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studio 60

Anyone watching this? I fell into West Wing just in time for it to get canceled, and I'm hoping for great things from Studio 60.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_...e_Sunset_Strip
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Studio 60

Yeah I've been into it. It's definitely very smartly written like The West Wing, and actually very funny. Last week's ending with Gilbert and Sullivan was great too.

Also, you should netflix the older seasons of the West Wing. The last (fifth) season was OK, but the first 3 seasons were some of the best TV ever written/made. The fourth season was pretty much a stinker. :)
    Beatnik

Comment

There were 7 years of The West Wing, but the first three were definitely the best...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I have every episode of West Wing. I've seen it all. Absolutely brilliant work. Again, I'm hoping the same for Studio 60, though I don't know that you can be so timeless in your themes with a "backstage at SNL" show as you can be with a "backstage at POTUS" show.

Time will tell.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

yep - it looks good..

Comment

Ah - I stand corrected. Yeah I basically checked out during season 4 when everything started going south after Aaron Sorkin left.

I'm definitely optimistic about Studio 60. With Sorkin and Schlamme writing and directing (is that who Matt and Danny are modeled after?), the shows so far are as tightly written and paced as TWW.
            Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X