Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, new member here

Hello,

I am an O.G., or Older Gamer, or Original Gamer as I prefer to call it. I am 31 years old with a wife and 2 young kids. Gaming is my hobby, and when I get a chance to do it I like to play with people my own age who take the game halfway seriously, or at least seriously enough to make it intereting and challenging.

I live in california and am usually on around 2000- 2200 hours during the week, but fridays I can play longer, like till 0100 or so. I would like to find a clan located in california or the west coast af North America to game with. My favorite game right now is Company of Heros, but I also have Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 2. If anyone is in a clan like this that is looking for more memebers let me know, Thank you.

Re: Hello, new member here

Greetings. Trav.
    That names seems familar to me... a name i have not heard since...
    Oh,
    back to the subject.

TG is really a community.

If you are further interested in TG, check out my first hyperlink, it will further educate your on such matters.

Rick contimplates: Trav, that name seems familar....
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Hey Travh2o. Glad you stopped by. As Rick mentioned above, we're not so much a clan as much as we are a community of mature gamers of all ages. We have quite a bit of players who stop by that are in different clans/communities and play on our servers. Check out our rules and SOP's in Ricks sig. or you can navigate to it on our homepage. I'm sure someone will post more links to it as well.

There are a few members from the west coast here as well (like myself). Hop on our teamspeak channel to see who's still up during the hours you play. Happy gaming and welcome to Tactical Gamer, the only place to get your game on!
      |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
      [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Welcome, sir.

You have two beautiful children.

( I've never seen them. I'm just trying to start our relationship with something we can easily agree on. )
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

travh20, welcome. Please join us for some Call of Duty 2 when you have a chance.

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
          You have two beautiful children.

( I've never seen them. I'm just trying to start our relationship with something we can easily agree on. )
          I see Wyzcrak has escaped again, so don't pick up hitchhikers!

Comment

It's already been mentioned that TG isn't really a clan, but a group (a really really big group) of likeminded players. There are in-house squads that you may be interested in. Jump down to the Irregulars forum here for an example of a squad that might fit what you are looking for: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...er-irregulars/

Read through the Rules and SOP's that are linked in my sig. They will answer a lot of questions.
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

thanks for the warm welcome guys, I look forward to visiting some of the servers and getting some positive game time in :)

Comment

Originally posted by travh20 View Post
                Hello,

I am an O.G., or Older Gamer, or Original Gamer as I prefer to call it. I am 31 years old with a wife and 2 young kids. Gaming is my hobby, and when I get a chance to do it I like to play with people my own age who take the game halfway seriously, or at least seriously enough to make it intereting and challenging.

I live in california and am usually on around 2000- 2200 hours during the week, but fridays I can play longer, like till 0100 or so. I would like to find a clan located in california or the west coast af North America to game with. My favorite game right now is Company of Heros, but I also have Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 2. If anyone is in a clan like this that is looking for more memebers let me know, Thank you.
                I WISH I was 31 again, seriously.

Welcome to TG man! We have lots of members from Cali both playing Bf2 and CoH. Do spent a few minutes to get familiar with our server rules and SOP.;)
                Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

I don't wish I was 31 again. 10 years removed I'm happy where I'm at in life.

Welcome to TG. This is the last place you'll ever want to game Join us for COD2 as Strag has already alluded to.

We also play a couple of really cool BF2 Mods...The most popular one is Point of Existence 2. That server is filled up quite a bit but keep trying if you can't get on. It's got an auto kick script that starts when there are 62 out of 64 players. Server kicks the player (non supporting) who's been on the longest to may room for a supporting member.

The other BF2 mod was developed in house here and it's called Tactical Mod or TACMOD for short. This mod removes artillery, jets, helos, and commander UAV. The kits are modified (like the medic can't throw medic bag and must remain close with medic bag out while healing) to enhance game play. The mod really encourages small unit infantry action and rewards the side who works together the best. It's a great fit for us tactical gamers...slows the pace down and allows for tactical play..

Speaking of slowing it down. We mentioned COD2. We are running our own mod there too, based on something called Wolfgang's realism mod. We have many custom maps and only play S & D. None of the TDM or run & gun...All tactical all the time.

So c'mon down...we'd love to have ya.

See you in my sights
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Wow... 31, eh? Even though that's quite a ways away for me, I'd like to add that there are a number of young, but mature, members of the community that'd you'd love to play with.

Well, except for Santa. His obsession with knives and teabags is a bit disturbing.

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
                    TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
                    ||

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse